Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team doubled up on Mitoma, who was their most dangerous player, so Harrison was tasked with stopping the supply to him too nullifying his own attacking play. I’m disappointed they are not giving Patterson a run in the team but he has time on his side. This result isn’t all on Young he was steady yesterday, he could have been better with the ball but he defending ok for the most part of the game. I don’t believe there should be a witch hunt against him in all honesty.
I’m not on a “witch hunt” against Young, I’m just amazed he continues to be played when he has been a liability at both left and right back overs virtually 0 going forward. When there is a better player available. I’ve stated a number of times that I thought he looked decent when he’s played at right wing.

And yet the facts don’t back up a single word of your drivel. So come on Dave say something honest for once, what’s your agenda here?
Ashley Young was solid yesterday. If Pickford is alert to that deflection then no one is saying anything other he had a very good game.

I'm stating that Young is ALWAYS going to be picked by Dyche until Coleman is fully ft. And you can't accept that.

That's ok. I understand you want someone else at RB but it won't happen.

Ashley Young was solid yesterday. If Pickford is alert to that deflection then no one is saying anything other he had a very good game.

I'm stating that Young is ALWAYS going to be picked by Dyche until Coleman is fully ft. And you can't accept that.

That's ok. I understand you want someone else at RB but it won't happen.
You clearly have little to no understanding of football do you Dave. By starting Young, who has been a liability defensively you are forcing Harrison to spend most of his time and energy backing up Young, that coupled with the fact that Young struggles to get up and down the pitch means that Evertons right hand side is useless in anything other than sitting in and defending. This also affects other areas of the team, the team as a whole ends up sitting deeper and deeper, and as a consequence finds it harder and harder to get out of its own half.
But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that Dave, you don’t actually watch football for the game itself do you.

You clearly have little to no understanding of football do you Dave. By starting Young, who has been a liability defensively you are forcing Harrison to spend most of his time and energy backing up Young, that coupled with the fact that Young struggles to get up and down the pitch means that Evertons right hand side is useless in anything other than sitting in and defending. This also affects other areas of the team, the team as a whole ends up sitting deeper and deeper, and as a consequence finds it harder and harder to get out of its own half.
But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that Dave, you don’t actually watch football for the game itself do you.
I think you're the one who does;t understand how Dyche is now setting p to play. We play on the counter and hand the opposition the ball. You need better defenders under those circumstances and Pattterson isn't trusted and Young is.

I think you're the one who does;t understand how Dyche is now setting p to play. We play on the counter and hand the opposition the ball. You need better defenders under those circumstances and Pattterson isn't trusted and Young is.
No wrong again Dave, to play on the counter you need to be able to get out of your own half. By playing Young you are sitting in with little to no chance of countering.

You start out from the position that Patterson deserves a game in an Everton shirt, so your view of Young is clouded straight away.

The truth is that - even now at this stage of his career - he's a more accomplished FB than Patterson.

We'd have been beaten there yesterday had Patterson started. We were defensively solid until the goal. We simply dont get that when Patterson is anywhere near our defence...which is why manager after manager prefer to play others when they're fit.
No Dave, I actually am not convinced at all by Patterson, I just will not accept that he is not a better starting option than Young. You, of course will never see past your problem with Patterson, so see Young in a different light than most people. Don't get me wrong, Young was, in his prime, a much better full back than Patterson will ever be, but, his prime is many years behind him, he should never start premier league games unless there is absolutely no alternative.

No wrong again Dave, to play on the counter you need to be able to get out of your own half. By playing Young you are sitting in with little to no chance of countering.

Correct , you need full backs to be able to play quality passes into the midfield or direct to the attacker.

Also when playing counter you need to be able to break at pace and have good quality and make decent decisions ..

Correct , you need full backs to be able to play quality passes into the midfield or direct to the attacker.

Also when playing counter you need to be able to break at pace and have good quality and make decent decisions ..
You’d think it was obvious, wouldnt you mate

Harrison was further back than Young half the time, to try to cover for Youngs inadequacies. How the hell is he supposed to counter attack Dave
...and you think he'll be ok to bomb forward with the "more secure" Patterson behind him?

Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back