Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Dave, I actually am not convinced at all by Patterson, I just will not accept that he is not a better starting option than Young. You, of course will never see past your problem with Patterson, so see Young in a different light than most people. Don't get me wrong, Young was, in his prime, a much better full back than Patterson will ever be, but, his prime is many years behind him, he should never start premier league games unless there is absolutely no alternative.
We'd have lost that game yesterday if Patterson had started and had Mitoma running at him all day.

We were knackered after Burnley and we did well at the back.

Young has to actually practice positioning in one-on-one play, you cannot let crosses get by so easily including the deflected one that went in. Block their chances effectively, maybe he thinks they might take a foul but don't let people cross in the six-yard box.

So no onus on Harrison to do his job then, it's a bonus if he stops it but ultimately only the fullback is supposed to stop the opponent? Righto.
DEFENSE and if Harrison is part of it then okay, Lallana and Gross didn't enter the game much until later parts of the second half so all hands on deck. A defender is always critiqued, it is a privilege and burden they carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back