Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Young should be starting ahead of Patterson, but Dyche seems to prefer him. Patterson may have been caught out of position at times, but he is much more aggressive in his defending than Young. Young was unlucky with the OG last week, but I believe Patterson would have at least tried to get closer to the Brighton player, and the goal could have been avoided. My take is that Young might be a slightly more reliable defender in the eyes of Dyche, but this isn’t necessarily the case imo. Patterson is still young enough to improve his all round game. Young is too slow to not be exposed by any kind of pace, and won’t improve! And Patterson offers us much more going forward. It’s time to show faith in the lad. I thought he was good in our win at West Ham, but Dyche seems stuck on Young!
For all the sense in that post I will stick by Dyche for now ,I do agree by the way .

I understand why Dyche picks him really and you can see it whenever Patterson comes on and looks defensively much weaker, same thing happened today and against Brighton.

I think once Coleman is back in a few weeks then he’ll probably slot back into being a utility player from the bench where he’ll do very well. At the moment I think it’s just a case of him getting more game time than expected and getting a bit exposed, overall I think he’s done decently for us in fairness.

give him a new 1 year deal

d863c4a79ac053437beb6e18937cecc4.gif

Good to see Ashley Young put his own goal behind him and produce a good performance against Palace today. But for all his experience in the game, he can still be a bit of a tit at times.

Class is permanent
Strange because I thought he was ok today defensively, although Palace mostly went down our left. But I thought he was pretty poor in possession and lacked composure on the ball. He mostly hit the ball long into the channels with little to no chance of DCL or any other Everton player getting onto it. Put a couple of decent crosses in, that was about it.
It’s my opinion that he is one of the reasons the team are struggling to get out of their own half for long periods of the game. Especially in the 2nd half of matches.

What people don't understand is that his level of fitness is amazing... he is nearly 40 years of age. I fell that people sometimes forget how hard is it. I don't think Robertson Tsimikas or Kyle Walker will be playing in the pl when they are 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back