2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

At some point he's got to take a long look in the mirror and say "my mistakes are costing this team most weeks and maybe I just can't physically cope with the speed of the PL anymore. Maybe it's time I retire as I'm doing more harm than good"

Pathetic on Dyche's part that this is even something Young would have to contemplate. I think Dyche has done a solid job but his blind loyalty to Young and Keane has been awful.

Ashley Young’s booking times this season-

Today 21st min
v the sh1te 18th min
v Bournemouth 11th min
v Brentford 1st min
v Arsenal 45th min

The guy is a liability. For an experienced pro he’s so reckless.
I don’t think he is reckless…. He is just a very poor player who is a several yards too slow.

Who would have thought this when we signed a 38 year old.

Premier League proven init? He can't run, he's a walking yellow card, wingers walk past him, when he goes on one of his forays over then half way line he can't get back when we lose the ball, but, yeah, crack on Dychey Baby, keep picking him week after week, even if the decidedly unproven Patterson can at least manage to get up and down the pitch and keep pace with his man. Keane last season all over again by the stubborn Ginger one.

I don’t think he is reckless…. He is just a very poor player who is a several yards too slow.

Who would have thought this when we signed a 38 year old.
For a player of his experience… he’s reckless. His body might not be up to it, but in his mind he should know if he can win a tackle. His judgment is rash, which would be acceptable if he was a youth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back