Match Thread Aston Villa 3-2 Everton. Saturday 14th September 17:30

Last season our start was:

Lost 1-0 to Fulham
Lost 4-0 to Villa
Lost 1-0 to Wolves.

We then battled for a 2-2 draw with the mighty Sheff United and then lost 1-0 to Arsenal.

We finished 22 points from relegation (without the points deduction)

So why would he lose his job for losing to Brighton (spent 100s of millions) Spurs, Bournemouth and CL placed Villa? Genuine question. I know there's more than enough reasons to beat him and we deserve and expect more. But, if we had that start and stayed up easily. Why does losing to better teams this season mean he's gone?

You're missing the point. His team should be better than this he should be competing and picking up points.

He's literally going backwards gone back to the start of last season and ticking off the LLL results. Yet again we're bottom. Last time out particularly galling and Dyche is to blame for that even if he refuses to take blame.

I mean what is this accepting scraping results from one season to the next. This is Everton Football Club not Bournemouth or Southampton.

You're missing the point. His team should be better than this he should be competing and picking up points.

He's literally going backwards gone back to the start of last season and ticking off the LLL results. Yet again we're bottom. Last time out particularly galling and Dyche is to blame for that even if he refuses to take blame.

I mean what is this accepting scraping results from one season to the next. This is Everton Football Club not Bournemouth or Southampton.
The only let down so far really has been the Bournemouth game. Cruising and threw it away. Brighton have done well and spurs’ team is probably worth more than any of our teams in the last 5 years. It Bournemouth…. I’m still struggling with.

Last season our start was:

Lost 1-0 to Fulham
Lost 4-0 to Villa
Lost 1-0 to Wolves.

We then battled for a 2-2 draw with the mighty Sheff United and then lost 1-0 to Arsenal.

We finished 22 points from relegation (without the points deduction)

So why would he lose his job for losing to Brighton (spent 100s of millions) Spurs, Bournemouth and CL placed Villa? Genuine question. I know there's more than enough reasons to beat him and we deserve and expect more. But, if we had that start and stayed up easily. Why does losing to better teams this season mean he's gone?
That summarises my thoughts. After that start we later had a run of 17 matches with only one win, an FA Cup tie, an 8 point deduction and we we still stayed up. The nature of the loss the other week was a freak unlikely to happen again if we play as well. We're better now and while I don't expect a result at Villa, I think we might.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back