• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• James Garner '26

• Jake O'Brien '64

• Orel Mangala '64

• Beto '81

• Lindstrom '81

Results are only viewable after voting.
Usually I look at the fixture list with a glass half full attitude, ‘maybe we could get a point there, could nick a win there’ - if we concede this many on a regular basis it doesn’t matter who we play, we have no chance.
We have all said it at some point over the last year or two - we are a Championship club playing in the Premier League. We have rode our luck so much to still be in this division, the miss-management of the club for the last decade is coming home to roost.
The argument " Villa is a better team" you can repeat it with 18 of the premier league team Everton is playing. Everton has the crapest defense and midfield plus no decent forward and a clown in goal with a dinosaur manager...

I don't believe we were that bad, bit unlucky. Wonder goal did for us, We had our chances, players put in a shift ,it's too easy to blame individuals.
This is not a relegation team .
Still think we’ve got enough to stay up but these style defeats are killers. It’s not unlucky anymore, Dyche has to fix the defence.

Another 2-0 lead blown, still no points on the board. But the performances are good guys it’s all fine!!
I'm not sure whose going to say that performance was OK.... Absolutely dire in my view. 25% possession against villa. They are not that good and we play against them like they are Man City or Real Madrid...where is the fight and passion. Constant passing it backwards. Horrible.

A decent manager has got tools to work with here, we’re not world beaters but we’re not absolute fodder either.

Totally unacceptable run of results and defensive resolve. Get this fossil out now!!
This is my take on it too: the squad ain’t great, yet it ain’t terrible. Put simply, he isn’t getting enough out of what he has to work with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back