Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to be the main man at Everton, those chances have to be taken.
If that was one of the RS strikers, they find the corner of the net 99 times out of 100.
I’m fairness is no way at salads or Luis Diaz level, and never will. he played well when he moved out to the left but was terrible uptop.

Patersson was dead on his feet after 60 min. 20 years old! Davis was pathetic. You dont win football matches with that kind of midfield.
I don't know how relevant it is but Patterson has played at most about 6 full competitive games since the turn of the year. If any starting player out there is not yet 100% match fit it is the likes of Patterson.

Beat them all day withh a fit dcl, again finishing let us down. Took some positives from today but next week is massive now. I would like see us set up with a 433. Hopefully get players in like gana and atleast another cf.

Na they weren't yeno. Even early in the second half we had more attempts than them.
Not from everything i looked at, we were level at one point then behind, but saying who's had more shots, who was ahead or behind means zero, no good going 2 down then starting to try and get something

You didn't watch the game then?
Did you see what Buendia did to us, he had the freedom to play like a superstar. Showing up in bits and pieces isn’t what playing in that position needs you have to be better than your opponent, today he was better for about 5 minutes the rest of the time he was chasing Buendia. He simply isn’t good enough to play as a defensive midfielder.

Just play 3 in midfield.

Don't care if it's 3 at the back or 4 at the back, this insistence on 2 CM's that continually get overrun is killing us.

It's no coincedence the games we're chasing and change to a back 4 we miraculously are able to pin teams in more and start creating half chances because we've got extra options forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.