Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone needs to go and have a pint of something, this thread is becoming self destructive! The problem with identifying a 'troll' based on nothing more than intuition is that you are as likely to be wrong as you are to be right! If you are right, then a kopite has a bit of a laugh at our expense, fine! We will have far more fun at their expense this season!

But if you are wrong, then you are tearing a strip from a lad who has chosen to follow the Blues for no other reason that he doesnt like Witsel and doesnt have a Shakespearean command of our language?

I believe @The Esk when he says Witsel and Mata are done, but much like the Koeman thing, I expect we get some sort of media confirmation WELL before we hear from the club. They seem to want to make sure that every single detail including photos and interviews and such are completed before they announce, so part of me wonders if we're still a week or more away from any sort of announcement from the club--especially considering Witsel JUST finished at the Euros. I'm a firm believer in the info Esk provides, but I'll also be more encouraged that confirmation is close when we get some Joyce/Hunter/King confirmation. Still awfully quiet in the media.

I think everyone needs to go and have a pint of something, this thread is becoming self destructive! The problem with identifying a 'troll' based on nothing more than intuition is that you are as likely to be wrong as you are to be right! If you are right, then a kopite has a bit of a laugh at our expense, fine! We will have far more fun at their expense this season!

But if you are wrong, then you are tearing a strip from a lad who has chosen to follow the Blues for no other reason that he doesnt like Witsel and doesnt have a Shakespearean command of our language?

100% certainty that the bloke was a troll mate, if i was sufficiently bothered could go into more detail about how it's blindingly obvious in the randomness of bad spelling mistakes on words he subsequently spells perfectly, using very 'English' specific tells (acronyms, slang etc). Grammar errors that he would not make in the way he does, unless he is deliberately trying to 'type like a foreigner' - it's the equivalent of joey Barton trying to speak with a French accent

Never mind that GOT actually has a spell-checker in built i believe, so he is deliberately choosing to ignore anything highlighted before posting

and you are incredibly naive mate

we have plenty of foreign posters on the site, so don't make out it's that, we have people with poor grammar on the site, we have people who post crap on here regularly or who troll, but if you have a pair of eyes you can blatantly see it's a multi/troll account faking 'poor' English

Unless you are a teacher of EFL mate then your not qualified to actually have a clue about the types of errors people studying English as a second language make, I'm guessing you're not though

I am a retired British army officer
I was trained at the Bitish Army School of languages in colloquial Arabic so that I could operate as a serving loan officer with the Haras Al Watany (essentially the private army of King Fahd ) I was in the desert with his troops through both Gulf wars
I passed the Arabic course as a level 2 linguist.

I returned to service as an officer in the Adjutants generals Corps teaching English History and Mathematics ... As well as good manners to young men who had the courage to lay their lives on the line .

I do not like bullies

I cannot give a damn about an idiot like you who when called to Vvount for his actions decides to take it out on me himself

I have no more to say on this matter in public

Any more from you and I will do the sensible thing and put you in ignore

Fair enough Ste, it sounds like you know your stuff with regards English, so I will bow to your expertise! I still have no idea what a verb is to be honest :)

I believe @The Esk when he says Witsel and Mata are done, but much like the Koeman thing, I expect we get some sort of media confirmation WELL before we hear from the club. They seem to want to make sure that every single detail including photos and interviews and such are completed before they announce, so part of me wonders if we're still a week or more away from any sort of announcement from the club--especially considering Witsel JUST finished at the Euros. I'm a firm believer in the info Esk provides, but I'll also be more encouraged that confirmation is close when we get some Joyce/Hunter/King confirmation. Still awfully quiet in the media.
But I've taken a week off work so that I can watch it all unfold. Going to be disappointed aren't I?

I think the club probably probably showed a bit of statement about this, when they put out that article that essentially say until you hear it from us its not official.

It does appear that the club as a whole is operating behind a different type of "closed" door. very little seems to be getting out, hence we are seeing massive guess work, or little or no interest from the rags.

Its frustrating though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back