Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarthy is a crab. Being able to run around a lot should be the bare minimum from any player and anecdotes such as 'he has a terrific engine' and 'he covers every blade of grass' should be used for all professional players. I think his time is up. I thought he was great first season but that season is the exception and Everton have to move on. Thanks for the service James but ultimately you have been weighed, measured and found wanting. Just imagine a midfielder who can tackle and pass a ball forward without suffering from vertigo!
Do you know what instructions he was playing under last season , what his role in the team was, what roles other were to play around him ?
I don't.

Every player is starting from scratch imo.
I don't see why a new manager will decide to move on any player without seeing what they have to offer in the new team formation...whatever that will be.

Do you know what instructions he was playing under last season , what his role in the team was, what roles other were to play around him ?
I don't.

Every player is starting from scratch imo.
I don't see why a new manager will decide to move on any player without seeing what they have to offer in the new team formation...whatever that will be.

No I dont know what instructions he was under. What I do know though is that whatever instructions he was given he was poor in executing them, unless not being able to pass a ball over 15 yards accurately while doing lots of pointing and imitating a faux-hardman were in his brief of how to play midfield by Bobby.

I know that Renato Sanches has already been signed by Bayern but thought he looked the real deal last night and eclipsed anything i have seen of Witsel so far in this tournament. Having said that I dont want to go down the line of saying how good players look at the Euros. I havent seen enough of Witsel over an extended period to say if he will be the answer. From the bits I have seen even though Everton are now flush with cash I wouldnt want them spending more than 15 mill on him. What I can say is that having watched McCarthy for 3 seasons and bits at Wigan he isn't the answer either.

Renat
No I dont know what instructions he was under. What I do know though is that whatever instructions he was given he was poor in executing them, unless not being able to pass a ball over 15 yards accurately while doing lots of pointing and imitating a faux-hardman were in his brief of how to play midfield by Bobby.

I know that Renato Sanches has already been signed by Bayern but thought he looked the real deal last night and eclipsed anything i have seen of Witsel so far in this tournament. Having said that I dont want to go down the line of saying how good players look at the Euros. I havent seen enough of Witsel over an extended period to say if he will be the answer. From the bits I have seen even though Everton are now flush with cash I wouldnt want them spending more than 15 mill on him. What I can say is that having watched McCarthy for 3 seasons and bits at Wigan he isn't the answer either.
Renato Sanchez was useless last night repeatedly gave possession away, I was far more Impressed by Joao Maria to be honest. Witzel is a powerhouse I think him and McCarthy would link well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back