Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarthy is a usefull squaf player, or st least he'll be under proper management.

Cleverly on the other hand is stealing a living and should shipped off along with Kone, Niasse and fat lad McGeady.

Every player in the squad should be starting from scratch. Players react differently to different managers. All you have listed could end up with a new lease of life footballing wise, who knows?

Probably not like.... but its possible. Its up to them now to prove how good/crap they are.

Last edited:
Every player in the squad should be starting from scratch. Players react differently to different managers. All you have listed could enmd up with a new lease of life footballing wise, who knows?

Probably not like.... but its possible. Its up to them now to prove how good/crap they are.

Probably right*. As much as I hate James McCarthy and he hates me, he was immense in season 1 and rightfully piped me down, but then not so great the next 2 seasons. There's a good player there, maybe the new boss can find him again.

*except McGeady of course.

Probably right*. As much as I hate James McCarthy and he hates me, he was immense in season 1 and rightfully piped me down, but then not so great the next 2 seasons. There's a good player there, maybe the new boss can find him again.

McCarthy was one of bobby's victims really.

I do reckon he could work well with Witsel, McCarthy is an engine with would compliment Witsel perfectly for me.

In the last 2 seasons, McCarthy has been largely poor. The only times he seemed to be back to his first season form was when he was allowed to be a more orthodox central midfielder rather than sitting as a holding player. Games like when we beat United at Goodison season before last and the Norwich game after RM was sacked. There is definitely still potential with him but this coming season will be a crucial one for him.

McCarthy is a crab. Being able to run around a lot should be the bare minimum from any player and anecdotes such as 'he has a terrific engine' and 'he covers every blade of grass' should be used for all professional players. I think his time is up. I thought he was great first season but that season is the exception and Everton have to move on. Thanks for the service James but ultimately you have been weighed, measured and found wanting. Just imagine a midfielder who can tackle and pass a ball forward without suffering from vertigo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back