Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on that mate, bar the part about Clasie.

I like Clasie as a player but he went missing far too much last season IMO, and didn't seem to be able to cope with the physicality, though given it was his first season in the league I can understand it.

Witsel is a class act, though yes like you say, Italian football would probably suit his style better and I do think it will come down to CL football.

Plus, after spending four years in St Petersburg, he might wanna see some sun... :D
Think he was injured for the majority of the season.

Think he was injured for the majority of the season.

Yeh he got a knock in pre-season that kept him out for about 6 weeks I think, so that could definitely be part of it.

But he had a pretty good run in the team after Christmas IIRC and never seemed to really kick on.

As I said, first season in a league which is a massive step up from the Eredivise - not saying he's a bad player.

Yeah probably but you never know, he's 28 isn't he so a last big contract on a 4-5 year deal could be tempting.

Only 27.

Napoli have just sold Koulibaly to Chelsea for £30mil as well, so they're gonna have money, the draw of CL and playing at one of Italy's biggest clubs (in the sunshine no less).

Would be a great signing if it happens for us but tbh can see him going there.

Only 27.

Napoli have just sold Koulibaly to Chelsea for £30mil as well, so they're gonna have money, the draw of CL and playing at one of Italy's biggest clubs (in the sunshine no less).

Would be a great signing if it happens for us but tbh can see him going there.

Koulibaly hasn't gone anywhere - paper rumours don't mean someone's been transferred mate.

He also warned us about Niasse and the price we paid :oops:

There are quite a few deadwood still. Selling them will surely generate more funds and wages to new signings. Gibson, McGeady, Kone, McAleny and so on. I am not sure on Niasse. We might just sell him to cut loss. If we have made enough quality signings by August then might tempt to sell Oviedo and Cleverley too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back