Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had you seen him play prior to the Euros? £30m is a fee for a gun really. Liverpool transfers aside of course.
admittedly not so much no. But general opinion of him has always been great reviews. Considering he would be coming in to replace barry/maccarthy/gibson/cleverley then i can probably safely say he would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

To be fair i can list a load of players who i haven't seen much but are meant to be good.

admittedly not so much no. But general opinion of him has always been great reviews. Considering he would be coming in to replace barry/maccarthy/gibson/cleverley then i can probably safely say he would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

To be fair i can list a load of players who i haven't seen much but are meant to be good.
Worth every penny to replace those you mention. :D

He tries to belittle Everton whenever he can he is just a bell.

If witsel signs (which will still be a challenge even if we offered better wages ) he will be a great member of our squad

Looking at his name as well it isn't actually Russian, unless i'm mistaken it's Armenian in origin, maybe explains why he was so adamant about Mikki going to the rs a few years ago and has bigged up that partuicular move subsequently

a rs Armenian seengn him going to United under Mourinho must be killing the bloke lol

potentially, though I suppose that could also mean that he / Zenit want his future sorted soon

Yeah I'm sure stuff can be done behind the scenes with zenit and his agent. But he won't do medical and actually sign, do the shirt/scarf over the head thing for a week or so what I was getting at. Probably won't stop people flapping if it drags on though :p

Yeah I'm sure stuff can be done behind the scenes with zenit and his agent. But he won't do medical and actually sign, do the shirt/scarf over the head thing for a week or so what I was getting at. Probably won't stop people flapping if it drags on though :p

Fair enough.

Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised if the lad did chose Napoli. They can still offer very decent wages (if not as big as ours) and Champions League football, plus they're one of the biggest clubs in Italy despite the drop in standard in Serie A.

Someone get Kev on the phone... Not Lukaku, he's being told to pipe down so probably not best to get him on the case.

For that price, we would be stupid not to take the chance - hopefully the better contract offer will sway him!

Fair enough.

Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised if the lad did chose Napoli. They can still offer very decent wages (if not as big as ours) and Champions League football, plus they're one of the biggest clubs in Italy despite the drop in standard in Serie A.

Agreed. Think it's a 50/50 deal. Only based on the euros I'm not convinced he'll cope with premiership pace, slower Italian football might suit him. It's a pity Koemans upset soton as I think clasie would be better.

Agreed. Think it's a 50/50 deal. Only based on the euros I'm not convinced he'll cope with premiership pace, slower Italian football might suit him. It's a pity Koemans upset soton as I think clasie would be better.

Agree on that mate, bar the part about Clasie.

I like Clasie as a player but he went missing far too much last season IMO, and didn't seem to be able to cope with the physicality, though given it was his first season in the league I can understand it.

Witsel is a class act, though yes like you say, Italian football would probably suit his style better and I do think it will come down to CL football.

Plus, after spending four years in St Petersburg, he might wanna see some sun... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back