Back to normal next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me is the end of last season was poor and we picked up at the start of this season where we left off last season. We have had months of trying the same thing and it not working.
If Martinez cant see, or refuses too see that his style and approach is all wrong then next season wont be back to what we want to consider normal, but will be a continuation of this one.

Might be seeing as we probably won't have European football and never bother with the league cup. We can fo our classic slow start, get a loan in January then finish 7th do everyone is happy.

If we survive which I hope we will, and do well in the Europa then yes RM will have a chance to rebuild whether certain players like KM will want to stay the jury's still out - it's a worrying poor season from last season - BK has to provide funds, and make correct descisions!

Well it certainly helped us get here, do you think the hostile atmosphere at Goodison is doing anyone any favours?

Behave the crowd feed off what's going on, on the pitch. If it's dire they react and vice versa. To try and make out our current plight is down to match going blues is completely delusional

Behave the crowd feed off what's going on, on the pitch. If it's dire they react and vice versa. To try and make out our current plight is down to match going blues is completely delusional

I know they do, I'm in the crowd most weeks. I'm just making a point ok, not one chant was sung until 1-0 against Leicester, the players hear it you know.

we really dont have to think so far yet. we have lot to do now. confident but not thinking too far ahead.

summer will be interesting , though....we will see Martinez doing drastic things.

If we put in the performance we did against Leicester last season, would you boo and groan at it?
We are talking about this season.
Our tactics are dire this season and we are in a relegation fight with this great squad.
We play mostly in our own half passing sideways and backwards thats not everton.

Before we start thinking of what we expect next season we have to find out which league we are in. I expect to be still in the Premiership, not because we will get any better but because there are 3 or 4 teams worse than us, just about.
I expect to lose a couple of our better players to more successful clubs. We will bring in lesser players who will do Martinez bidding and be happy just to be at a club like Everton. We will struggle again because this till taki football is beyond the players we can afford.
I love the optimism of Evertonians but I cannot understand how some of us think if we persist in the same tactics with this squad, or a lesser one, we will start winning. We have failed to win 80% of our games this season. Surely everybody realizes we need to change.
If Martinez won't change then he has to be changed.

If RM stays in charge next season will follow a pretty simlar pattern to this season. Oh but with no European nights.

He won't change. Infact he's probably incapable of change. And with Tom Cleverley as our stellar signing the future doesn't look particularly rosy unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back