Back to normal next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If RM stays in charge next season will follow a pretty simlar pattern to this season. Oh but with no European nights.

He won't change. Infact he's probably incapable of change. And with Tom Cleverley as our stellar signing the future doesn't look particularly rosy unfortunately.

Sincerely hope he does have the capacity to change... Cos if Tom Cleverley is the height of his signing intentions, by God we better change.

Yeah lad and 28 points from 28 games this season

You're rapidly become GOT's version of Hiroo Onoda
Please cut out the personal insults now mate. there's no need. I will too like (although I never personalise my jibes).

It's all down to the tension of this season.

i think/hope that after next Sunday we'll be able to leave all this behind.

Right, there will be some of us that are thinking we have been unlucky all season. I disagree, but strangely I think that next season(With a better pre-season than the one we had last summer) things might just slot back into place. We are not going to be relegated so what do you think can realistically be our objective for next season? Is this season just one big prolonged blip?

You sound confident.....

If we don't beat the teams below us who we still have to play, then we've every chance of being dragged into a proper relegation scrap! It's crucial we win at home against Newcastle in our next prem game and beat the likes of QPR (who we have after Newcastle, away), Villa, Burnley & Sunderland when it comes to it. Win those and we will stay up, but it's easier said than done when your in the form were in and don't look like winning a game, let alone 3 or 4!

But I think we will stay up, thanks to the teams below being worse than us and us getting the necessary wins.

Then come the summer, Martinez needs to get rid of the players that don't suit his way of playing, buy the ones that do and work that squad hard on fitness and his philosophy and get us in good shape to be able to play better at the way he wants us to play! If he's gonna persist on us keeping the ball, then we need to be a lot more assured and confident on the ball and play faster. We've been way to pedestrian this season and that's why we've struggled to break teams down. Last season we was fit and sharpe on the ball and opened teams up at will and we need to get back to that. You have to be super fit to be able to keep on the move during games, ready to recieve the ball and do damage. Last season we had Steve Tashijan at the club and he was great at getting the lads proper fit, in the summer he left and we didn't look fit at the start of the season and imo, we still don't look 100% and it's made a big difference. You look at all the top teams that like to keep the ball, there all super fit and don't stop running for the 90 and keep on playing and attacking from start to finish. There full of energy and barely have breathers through games and this season, especially in the premier league, we've not been like that.

We was last season and we need to get back to that. Martinez needs to go back to what he did in pre season in his first season, get us that fit and go from there. Try and get some quality in to give us that edge in final third and then I'm sure we'll fair better next season!

Please cut out the personal insults now mate. there's no need. I will too like (although I never personalise my jibes).

It's all down to the tension of this season.

i think/hope that after next Sunday we'll be able to leave all this behind.

Davek, you keep refering to next Sunday as such that when/if everton win, all is solved, problem over Roberto has proved you all wrong, he's great!

Is that your thinking?

Personally as bad as he's been and our form is. I still don't think we'll go down. That for me tho doesn't save his job, nor a win a Sunday.

Do you believe going forward his style can be succsesfull? Or if not do you think he's willing to change his management style? That is my concer of why I want him gone as I don't believe his style can be successful or he's willing to change

What worries me is the end of last season was poor and we picked up at the start of this season where we left off last season. We have had months of trying the same thing and it not working.
If Martinez cant see, or refuses too see that his style and approach is all wrong then next season wont be back to what we want to consider normal, but will be a continuation of this one.
His style took us to 5th last year.

This year we've missed Pienaar and Osman as well as other players being out of for plus I don't think the whole team is as fit as last year. Rom and Ross look like boxers.

If he buys well and injects some energy into the team we will do ok (top 8) however I suspect the top 6 will be too strong.

I would like to see something concrete on the stadium because I suspect we're going to have a hard time coming close to last season without it or some miracle fluke in the Europa league this year.

Last year was probably the blip. We're a top 8 team so better than now however we're not close to the top 4.

His style took us to 5th last year.

This year we've missed Pienaar and Osman as well as other players being out of for plus I don't think the whole team is as fit as last year. Rom and Ross look like boxers.

If he buys well and injects some energy into the team we will do ok (top 8) however I suspect the top 6 will be too strong.

I would like to see something concrete on the stadium because I suspect we're going to have a hard time coming close to last season without it or some miracle fluke in the Europa league this year.

Last year was probably the blip. We're a top 8 team so better than now however we're not close to the top 4.
More closer to the bottom 4 unfortunately ?

So are pienaar and Osman now vital to how we play.

I thought these 2 were part of the "old guard clan who want him out, referred to has grasses not so long ago.

Everything seems to get blamed or excuses made accept what's happening in front of our eyes

So are pienaar and Osman now vital to how we play.

I thought these 2 were part of the "old guard clan who want him out, referred to has grasses not so long ago.

Everything seems to get blamed or excuses made accept what's happening in front of our eyes
I think a lot are clutching at straws because they think martinez walks on water

The thing is he wants us to play like the barca team of 5 yrs ago. That team was a one off special, in a time when other teams didn't know how to play against it. Eventually teams DID learn how to play against it and started getting success with barca becoming less affective. Although let's not forget they had some of the best players in the world playing this style.

He and us took everyone by suprise last season. But there's pretty much a standard tactic to use against us which makes us easy to play against, and easy to beat. And we will never be able to have the best 11 players in the world at playing this style.

Footballs moved on and left Bobby behind. In Europe teams have not used these tactics against us as they do in the PL. The moment we meet a Rafael or astute manager in Europe unfortunately we'll be out

Right, there will be some of us that are thinking we have been unlucky all season. I disagree, but strangely I think that next season(With a better pre-season than the one we had last summer) things might just slot back into place. We are not going to be relegated so what do you think can realistically be our objective for next season? Is this season just one big prolonged blip?

I think assuming we stay in the prem the focus should be on who comes in and out in the summer . It's a huge summer for Everton given the age and declining performance of a few of our players . Once we know what we are working with we can go about objectives. That said anything less than 10th with this squad is criminal imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back