Back to normal next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate.

I swear to God some of these want to see us sink into the sh1te. No wonder they take issue with your thread.

To your question though:we can finish top7/8 again next season, no question. No Thursday/Sunday schedule will help us enormously...as will buying a decent Cb and playmaker.

So you are not overly optimistic Martinez can move Everton forward. After all, you always berated Kenwright
and Moyes for their lack of ambition, their 'happy with 7th' mentality.
Sorry mate, I'm not having a go at you, but your inconsistency is somewhat egregious.

How we go next season? A lot depends on summer activity (transfers in and out) and in preparation. The latter of these was non-existent last pre-season

Davek, you keep refering to next Sunday as such that when/if everton win, all is solved, problem over Roberto has proved you all wrong, he's great!

Is that your thinking?

Personally as bad as he's been and our form is. I still don't think we'll go down. That for me tho doesn't save his job, nor a win a Sunday.

Do you believe going forward his style can be succsesfull? Or if not do you think he's willing to change his management style? That is my concer of why I want him gone as I don't believe his style can be successful or he's willing to change

Time to stop this silly talk. It's infantile.

An Everton manager's not like a bag of crisps you pick up and taste and then throw them one side for another flavour.

The feller is on a new four year contract. As long as we hit safety his tenure will stretch at least into another season.

Again people who think he will change his pre-season prep are being optimistic.

Where Moyes went the route of intensive training, Bobby does not. He's said numerous times he purposely doesn't train hard in summer as he believes the benifits are felt towards the end of season.

I imagine there'll be more technically limited footballers coming in, and that they'll be told go out and play like Barcelona.

So you are not overly optimistic Martinez can move Everton forward. After all, you always berated Kenwright
Sorry mate, I'm not having a go at you, but your inconsistency is somewhat egregious.
Who could? Ultimately at some point the quality of the players determine that.

Martinez does seem to be building for the future plus maybe we will actually get movement on the stadium however I don't think anyone would launch us into the top 4 in a season.

It's one of the reasons why I want to give him as long as possible. I can't face starting again with a new manager. If we start going down the road of short term thinking we could really begin to slide.

Again people who think he will change his pre-season prep are being optimistic.

Where Moyes went the route of intensive training, Bobby does not. He's said numerous times he purposely doesn't train hard in summer as he believes the benifits are felt towards the end of season.
I have to say that was the first thing that worried me this year and unfortunately have been proved right.

It's not inconsistent. I never ever said I thought Martinez could surpass Moyes - I was amazed with last season's haul.

You pay for what you get in this league and that includes league position usually. I dont expect Martinez to get us CL footy. I do think he might get us a cup one day though if he sticks around.

Time to stop this silly talk. It's infantile.

An Everton manager's not like a bag of crisps you pick up and taste and then throw them one side for another flavour.

The feller is on a new four year contract. As long as we hit safety his tenure will stretch at least into another season.

Maybe. And that is the everton way I would imagine. Again Davek, it's just my opinion that he won't change and at best he'll last until xmas max when we're struggling again. I/Me/If I was in charge, believing this, I would save the hassell and get rid before next season starts.

Any conversations I have regarding this topic are not based on me saying he will go now or after such and such game. I have no idea what the board will do. It's purley based on me believing he should go...

Maybe. And that is the everton way I would imagine. Again Davek, it's just my opinion that he won't change and at best he'll last until xmas max when we're struggling again. I/Me/If I was in charge, believing this, I would save the hassell and get rid before next season starts.

Any conversations I have regarding this topic are not based on me saying he will go now or after such and such game. I have no idea what the board will do. It's purley based on me believing he should go...
Fair enough.

I think most feel like you on this issue - give it to Christmas and keep him on a short leash. Entirely understandable given what's happened this season.

I just posted a new thread (which appears to have been deleted) saying that Moyes raised expectations in his first full season, when we finished 7th. The following campaign was a total contrast and we finished one place above the relegation zone with a club record low points tally. I think that the experience galvanised the manager and the squad and we started the season after that more determined and more focussed and we finished fourth. I think that Roberto is capable of a similar feat. We'll be girded against thinking that we're too good to have to scrap and our European adventure will be a massive boost in the development of our young players.

Look at other teams who have done well in the Europa League and their Premier League form almost always suffers. We're unlikely to have the same distraction next season.

Looking forward to another season of frustration and mid table mediocrity minus the short lived joy of a short European run. Still get behind the lads but just moan about how crap we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back