BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
zp_FT0G1453_7523.jpg

I was a bit skeptical of the purple/pink gear at first but I actually think it looks alright.

I think the preordered kits get dispatched tomorrow or Friday? hope it arrives by Friday, last 5 aside for me before our summer break wanna give it a run out.

If you pre-ordered the kit, do we get it Thursday or is it despatched Thursday?

I just checked my emails, I got one from Everton direct yesterday saying midday Tues 15th is the last date to order by to receive on launch day, 17-7-14, so we should get them on Friday:)

Edit:- Sorry Thursday is the 17th

Last edited:

just pre ordered the kit.

will get it around christmas i quess...

hey btw, was there somekind of lottery between pre orderers, what can you win ?

How come that purple gear isn't available to buy? Like the black gear the youth team were wearing. I'd be all over some of this gear for the gym/running. And we wonder why we can't afford 4m for Besic

I'm pretty new to following the EPL, but is randomly changing the team colors a common thing? Going from away jerseys of blue and yellow to purple the next year is interesting haha

I'm pretty new to following the EPL, but is randomly changing the team colors a common thing? Going from away jerseys of blue and yellow to purple the next year is interesting haha
Away kits are pretty much a free for all. Traditionally, we've had amber/yellow or white away shirts - but there's never a guarantee we'll stick to that in any given season.

Home colours are fixed, unless you're Cardiff.

United 75m, Us 5m

And whats worse is we announce it is a record breaking deal, but of course it will be due to inflation

Sometimes I think we just take the easy way out, rather than look for more cash. Spurs and Arsenal who are in and around us outweigh us by miles. Im sure even Sunderland make more on their kits than us

I think you're conflating the kit supply deal and the sponsorship.
Man Utd's deal with Addidas is kit supply. Their tier 1 sponsorship deal is with Chevrolet, and is ridiculously high as well - something like £30m+ a year. AON are now a tier 2 sponsor, training ground etc. at £10m+ a year, which saw DHL kicked down (and compensated) to tier 3 (DHL were paying £10m+ a year for sponsorship of the training ground, training kit etc). This doesn't include their myriad of minor sponsors like American watch manufacturers, Chinese paint makers, etc. So all in all well in excess of £115m a year before a ticket is sold, a prawn sandwich made and TV money.

Our kit supply is the stupendous £32m 10 year deal with KitBag - who negotiate with manufacturers. So we get £3.2m a year whether we sell 1 shirt or 10 million.

Our tier 1 sponsor is Thai Beverage, and that's up to the £5m you qoute, based on achievements.

So there's up to £8.2 million versus at least £115 million in commercial revenue a year. Granted, I am not including our deals with Pukka Pies, Crabbies and whatever online betting site that has no affinity with us whatsoever, but I doubt they move us much closer to Man U (who as mentioned above, probably move further away with their multitude of lower tier sponsors)

I know Man U are the biggest club in the history of the universe according to our Orcale-like UK media. But I still think we should be pulling down better deals than we do.

There was a photo floating around on Twitter last night of a couple of players in training gear that looked like it was purple with pink sleeves (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back