BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
zp_FT0G1453_7523.jpg

I was a bit skeptical of the purple/pink gear at first but I actually think it looks alright.

There was a photo floating around on Twitter last night of a couple of players in training gear that looked like it was purple with pink sleeves (?)

It's on here too mate, earlier in the thread

I got those socks aged about 10 and the puppy snagged them. Tried to sew them which made it all worse and ended up with a trainer sock equivalent and a whack of me Dad !!

Great, entertaining piece on kits in general (not Everton specific)
But certainly points at how people everywhere get so worked up about something so minor
http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/07...ll-kit-launches-became-overblown-and-obscene/
If you don't want to go through the whole piece, just enjoy this:
everton9293.jpg

It must be 15+ years since I've had an Everton team shirt. As a kid/teenager I had them most seasons and definitely had these two. I remember the 'salmon pink' shirt well!

This was a time when the quality was awful. I remember that a white thread used to pull through the outside material. Diving into a bush or hedgerow to retrieve your football would leave these shirts in a terrible almost torn condition!!

Football shirts do generally look better and more 'stylish' these days, imo. Back then, the louder and more brash they were, the better!! That said, I just cannot bring myself to spend £50 on a shirt that I'd only wear around the house or to play football in.

Surprise surprise, Everton [Poor language removed] up on the kits again - no socks till the 22nd. Why release the kit but minus the socks, always something every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back