Battle for 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are playing for fifth rather that fourth. We are too far behind Arsenal with too many difficult games to come.

Finishing fifth ahead of Spurs and Utd would be a remarkable season.

Just the four home games.

Three away.....Sunlun, Saints and Hull.....all winnable.

Of the four at home.....Palace and Moyes. You'd fancy us.

Citeh can't buy a win at Goodison.

So let's just beat Arsenal on Sunday and we are on our way

Thats the spirit lad, i feel better already

Totally agree - I think we will draw against Arsenal and Citeh. Beat ManU, Sunderland & Hull and only lose the Southampton fixture.

To be honest, I can't see us losing another game.

Doubtless we will drop a few points by drawing a game or two but there is a hunger about this team which feeds on victory and it is perfectly equipped to hunt it down.

If you want to be properly optimistic..

Liverpool play Chelsea and City, both of which can beat them on their day... Win our equivalent games and the game in hand and those 9 points mean we are only 2 points behind them with 4 other games to catch up...

Its pretty much a done deal.

If you want to be properly optimistic..

Liverpool play Chelsea and City, both of which can beat them on their day... Win our equivalent games and the game in hand and those 9 points mean we are only 2 points behind them with 4 other games to catch up...

Its pretty much a done deal.

I like that kind of thinking....;)

To be honest, I can't see us losing another game.

Doubtless we will drop a few points by drawing a game or two but there is a hunger about this team which feeds on victory and it is perfectly equipped to hunt it down.

I hope you are right as I would love us to nail 4th!!!

Lets just beat Arsenal and see what pressure does to them and us. Boring but we can only go one game at a time now.

If we won every game remaining i'd say we'd finish 3rd not 4th as all the other clubs WILL drop points at some stage and not just when they meet each other.

key to beating Saints is that they tire badly in the last quater. We have scored more than any other team in this period. An intriguing match this one.
Key to beating them could be the fact they have nothing to play for that day yet we have. Might be an easier away game than Sunderland or Hull in that respect.

At this point of the season fixtures really dont matter imo. We saw what Palace did to Shelski.

We can win anyone and also lose. Same goes for Gunners etc.

Important thing is to work your thing and put yer azz to the grass.

We are fighting for the 4th now...europe is a plan b.

Rise your fist, grab your balls and roar.

Bobbys Blue Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.