Beer, revisited

The barman said it tastes of hazelnuts and salted caramel (although the pump clip says pistachio, I was convinced it was hazelnuts) - I was sceptical - I was wrong - it was lovely.

Fairytale-of-brew-york.jpg

This was a fruity bitter, but what do I know.

f23bc704b0b80d8e8ae73f292010885c_640x640.jpg

Currently taking a break from the ale trying to bury a virus - anyone tried anything good alcohol free recently?

Brewdog Punk AF and Nanny State top dogs still, for me. Quite thin, though - there seems to be a fundamental problem with getting an AF ale with any sort of body, and the brewers are still experimenting. Had some exceptionally bad efforts - St Peters ale and Old Speckled Hen were shocking, had to pour them down the sink which is desperate measures for beer, alcohol free or not.

Currently taking a break from the ale trying to bury a virus - anyone tried anything good alcohol free recently?

Brewdog Punk AF and Nanny State top dogs still, for me. Quite thin, though - there seems to be a fundamental problem with getting an AF ale with any sort of body, and the brewers are still experimenting. Had some exceptionally bad efforts - St Peters ale and Old Speckled Hen were shocking, had to pour them down the sink which is desperate measures for beer, alcohol free or not.

Adnams Ghost Ship 0.5 % is okayish.

Wouldn’t know where to get it though, as the last time I had it was at a do, where they had a few bottles for people who were driving.

Big Drop stuff is good. Everything they brew is 0.5% so they're actually making good beer to a recipe, rather than just trying to remove the alcohol from a beer they already make, if that makes sense. They do sours and a couple of dark beers too, not just the usual lager/pale ale low alcohol options.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back