Beer, revisited

The Brewery pub, just over the road from the MEN was always a must visit prior to a gig.

They should’ve been done for what they did to that brewery.
There was a back street boozer in Tranmere that was owned by Boddies. The interior look like it hadn't been changed since Jack the Ripper's time, but they served a lovely pint. They also occasionally had their mild, which I've never seen anywhere else. The pub of course is closed now.

It was a beautiful pint of well kept before they got their hands on it.

Didn’t seem travel well, always seemed to be better in Manchester.

It was wasn't it, creamy, tasty and very drinkable.
Funnily enough I was trying to explain to a colleague a few ago what an outstanding pint boddies used to be.

Immortalised by the Macc Lads of course.

Totally agree.

This is the pub I mostly went to in when I was in Norwich, the best by far.

IMG_3269-2%20(2).jpg

As you can see, they have a great selection of ales.

fb0a24_1e6859c2dd9b469eb9e8e777f36f96cb~mv2.jpg

On the outskirts of Norwich, but well worth the effort
Was in here a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at Sprowston Manor for missus birthday. Women went in town so I got the taxi driver to drop me and mate off here. (Sign now says Brewery Tap, but taxi driver called it the Fat Cat). Nice pint of Tom Cat. Taxi driver then recommended Duke of Wellington a few hundred metres away. Wolf brewey. Had a good pint of Edith Cavell in there. Another great pub. Then headed into town via Kings Head, Ribs of Beef and Wig and Pen, before meeting the women in Be at One. Loud music and cocktails in there so me and mate turned straight round and went to The Murderes. Must’ve had about fourteen pints. Was a bit dazed sat in steam room next morning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back