Beer, revisited

Was in here a couple of weeks ago. Stayed at Sprowston Manor for missus birthday. Women went in town so I got the taxi driver to drop me and mate off here. (Sign now says Brewery Tap, but taxi driver called it the Fat Cat). Nice pint of Tom Cat. Taxi driver then recommended Duke of Wellington a few hundred metres away. Wolf brewey. Had a good pint of Edith Cavell in there. Another great pub. Then headed into town via Kings Head, Ribs of Beef and Wig and Pen, before meeting the women in Be at One. Loud music and cocktails in there so me and mate turned straight round and went to The Murderes. Must’ve had about fourteen pints. Was a bit dazed sat in steam room next morning.
The Murderers, that the pub by the Cathedral ?

Back in the mid 80's when i was a beardless boy, i stayed in a Bavarian town in Germany for four months. The mom's give the kiddies beer rather than fizzy pop with the scran, in the belief it was healthier if soaked against the food.....don't shoot the messenger.

Can't get it on draught anymore. It was crap anyway since it was sold to a crap multinational brewer of crap - Anheuser-Busch

My mate had it on draught in ormskirk last week.

We had a few cans of it last night and I really enjoyed it.

I’ve never seen it anywhere myself but would love a draught of it if I can find it anywhere.

View attachment 261848

I bit the bullet last night and had a couple of these from Greene King - False 9 (4%)

It was “ alright “ better than their usual muck, but two was well enough, before I switched back to Timmy Taylor’s.
I've just had a tin of TT's new hipster pale ale:

20240623_173346.webp

Quite good actually, still has a bit of a classic English bitter flavour to it.

Draft only, keep your peepers peepin'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back