Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at his goals from last year he cerainly looks an instinctive finisher who hits the target.

I also looked at Brojas 6 goals and he to looks an instinctive finisher too, though without the same volume of goals, and no headed goals.

Both look decent prospects IMO.

Thought that was a " You've been framed " montage of bad goal keeping.

I'd have signed Mitrovic years ago when Fulham went down and we wouldn't have been in this mess. ;)

I hope they can manage to get Broja over the line. To me he just seems a bit more of a safer bet than Brereton.

Incredible we've left it this late though.

If last season screamed one lesson, it was to sign adequate cover/competition for Calvert-Lewin.
I agree that signing Mitrovic would have been ok, but most "experts" were unconvinced with him. Regarding DCL why shouldn't he return and play most games? You can't expect them to just have him available for 15 games, if so may as well send him down here to Cheltenham Town.

I agree that signing Mitrovic would have been ok, but most "experts" were unconvinced with him. Regarding Dominic Calvert-Lewin why shouldn't he return and play most games? You can't expect them to just have him available for 15 games, if so may as well send him down here to Cheltenham Town.

What's your argument? Are you suggesting that we don't need another striker?

Based on the last 12 months, I don't think it's prudent to expect Calvert-Lewin to be fit, physically and mentally for most of the season.

Even when he was in "incredible condition" (manager) and "raring to go" (himself), two days later we're resting him in pre-season as a precaution vs Blackpool. Then, he get's injured again.

Even if he manages to put his injury problems behind him - he needs some competition/cover. If you think that's Ben Brereton, then fair enough...

Mid-table PL teams signing quite a lot of good international players this summer. PL is a massive pull.

Not having a go at our new forward…he costs £15m plus the alleged £20m spent on McNeil, we could have signed one top international player for £35m surely.
Agree with McNeill. It seems misjudged. But I'll give him some chance.

I agree that signing Mitrovic would have been ok, but most "experts" were unconvinced with him. Regarding Dominic Calvert-Lewin why shouldn't he return and play most games? You can't expect them to just have him available for 15 games, if so may as well send him down here to Cheltenham Town.
*cough*

What's your argument? Are you suggesting that we don't need another striker?

Based on the last 12 months, I don't think it's prudent to expect Calvert-Lewin to be fit, physically and mentally for most of the season.

Even when he was in "incredible condition" (manager) and "raring to go" (himself), two days later we're resting him in pre-season as a precaution vs Blackpool. Then, he get's injured again.

Even if he manages to put his injury problems behind him - he needs some competition/cover. If you think that's Ben Brereton, then fair enough...
No, absolutely we need another striker, hopefully just to take the load from DCL. If the manager feels that Ben Brereton Díaz is the man, I'm happy with that. Still don't see why DCL won't play a major part in the season. I must admit I have never seen Ben Brereton Díaz play.

Some people are happy to pay huge sums for players coming from league's that probably are no stronger on average than the championship.
They have settle into the club and adapt to the Premiership as well.

We already know the level that Diaz can score goals at and if playing with better players then maybe he could improve as well.
In any event unless he is a total disaster then there will always be a championship club to sign him.

No, absolutely we need another striker, hopefully just to take the load from Dominic Calvert-Lewin. If the manager feels that Ben Brereton Díaz is the man, I'm happy with that. Still don't see why Dominic Calvert-Lewin won't play a major part in the season. I must admit I have never seen Ben Brereton Díaz play.
Starts tonight live on Sky may be worth a look to see what he’s like live instead of you tube videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back