2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still like Ben for us. What he’s good at you can’t teach and where he struggles is largely correctable with proper coaching. A lot of his mistakes are positioning and basic lapses. Expect he’ll be first choice going forward if he can keep himself fit.
Positioning and basic lapses are instantly cured by a solid, no-nonsense partner telling them when to move and when to stand their ground. They also keep them on their toes so far less basic lapses. Tarkowski will transform our defence, and if he is complimented by a genuine midfield general, all our defensive woes will be decimated. Ben Godfrey, Mason Holgate and even Michael Keane will all benefit from playing alongside Tarkowski. ?

Still laugh thinking about when Brands pulled out the Gabriel deal because they wanted £25 millions for him then he goes and panics and signs this lad for the exact same fee lol

Marcel Brands folks !

Good player Gabriel... @MikelsGoat isnt a fan though.

I like Godfrey, interested to see how he would do in a back 3 on the right of Tarkowski.

Gabriel plays on the left of course.

I still like Ben for us. What he’s good at you can’t teach and where he struggles is largely correctable with proper coaching. A lot of his mistakes are positioning and basic lapses. Expect he’ll be first choice going forward if he can keep himself fit.

I have no idea what that is or means if i'm honest.

He’ll come good. He showed spells of quality in a back 4 alongside Mina in the past, and I expect it to be the same alongside Tarkowski.

I’m not convinced he’s right for a back 5 though, doesn’t seem to understand it.

I had high hopes for this player but his positioning is weak and even worse , for a centre back, is his aerial weakness.
You can’t have a regular CB who can’t defend high balls into the box it’s footballing suicide.
He has been a disappointment for me, I hope he can prove me wrong over time but I’m not hopeful.

He’ll come good. He showed spells of quality in a back 4 alongside Mina in the past, and I expect it to be the same alongside Tarkowski.

I’m not convinced he’s right for a back 5 though, doesn’t seem to understand it.
Apart from the fact he won't be playing alongside Tarko, Keane will, Ben has a lot of work to do if he wants to become a regular starter

Status
Not open for further replies.