2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I’ve always seen him as one of the few who doesn’t actually drop his head when we go down a goal or he gets beat. Will have to watch him more closely this year. Kind of a make or break season for him I think.
100% make or break for him, perhaps moreso than anyone except Dele. Either he reverts to how good he was under Carlo and we put last season down to a bad year, or it becomes clear we've dropped £25m on a player who found his level at Norwich.

Gone exactly the same way people went with Holgate. Had a few good matches so they turned him into Maldini in their heads and then hits poor form and we need to get rid.

The reality is they were both average at best to begin with and people got overexcited. Both still young enough to improve. Keane and Mina can get sold first.

Gone exactly the same way people went with Holgate. Had a few good matches so they turned him into Maldini in their heads and then hits poor form and we need to get rid.

The reality is they were both average at best to begin with and people got overexcited. Both still young enough to improve. Keane and Mina can get sold first.
I don't think he ever really had good matches either. At least not at CB.

You can't say anything about Patient Zero, even though there's absolutely no chance that he'd have ever been picked if he was suffering from a debilitating illness.

Absolutely woeful last night. The ball where a simple chip was needed and he hit it at least 30 yards over the players head was as alarming as it was funny.

Under no pressure, he simply bottles it and his instinct is to turn back and start again.

Hasn't got the bottle to be an Everton player nor the mindset to be a quality ball playing centre half. Such a shame as there was so much to like in his first season.

Absolutely woeful last night. The ball where a simple chip was needed and he hit it at least 30 yards over the players head was as alarming as it was funny.

Under no pressure, he simply bottles it and his instinct is to turn back and start again.

Hasn't got the bottle to be an Everton player nor the mindset to be a quality ball playing centre half. Such a shame as there was so much to like in his first season.

I think the writing was on the wall even then. His errors were being excused because he was "quick"
We bought a defender who cant defend.

Another Brands masterstroke.

And peeps wonder why Sir Farhad started seeking the counsel of Kia Joorabchian when that bozo was splashing £200 millions+ around on garbage !

You can't teach football ability - and neither Godfrey or Holgate have any.
Gonna be nother long season if we persevere with these 2.
Yeah, the thing is that CBs tend to kick on around age 25 because it takes a while to develop positional sense. I have more hope for Godfrey, in that I don't see much hope for Holgate's passing, but poor-on-the-ball is just a really hard fix at any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.