2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not buying Godfrey being at fault for that goal yesterday.
Digne seems to have wandered out of position, Keane is pulled way left, Mina have to shuffle over. Fernandez is left unmarked. If Godfrey had left any more space between him & Mina, Fernandez had a free run at goal.
Townsend was late to react to the ball to Fernandez and missed the tackle.
It was a good move & finish.

I think Godfrey did OK & has the tools to be a decent FB either side. He’s stronger defensively than Coleman.

I don’t think he covers himself in glory but I also don’t put blame on him for the goal.

Thought positional he starts fine but then goes inside instead of reading the pass where by that stage Mina has recovered enough to stop Bruno.

Offensively, he has that pass to Davies and I think he had a few defence splitting passes last season? So he can obviously see and play a pass. But I just don’t see him as a threat down the wing which is so important these days as a full back!

(Anyone blaming Pickford for that goal however is so off the mark)

I’m not buying Godfrey being at fault for that goal yesterday.
Digne seems to have wandered out of position, Keane is pulled way left, Mina have to shuffle over. Fernandez is left unmarked. If Godfrey had left any more space between him & Mina, Fernandez had a free run at goal.
Townsend was late to react to the ball to Fernandez and missed the tackle.
It was a good move & finish.

I think Godfrey did OK & has the tools to be a decent FB either side. He’s stronger defensively than Coleman.
Are you blaming Lucas? for pulling the entire defense to he left? Lucas has been terrible but hard to pin this one on him

Did a job playing out of position. He was out of position for the goal, no excuses. He was practically standing on Mina’s toes. Isn’t a starter at centre back for me, even when he gets up to 100%. Mina and Keane at the moment.

Are you blaming Lucas? for pulling the entire defense to he left? Lucas has been terrible but hard to pin this one on him

No. I didn’t say that. It was a well executed move. We got drawn too far left & they quickly switched it. Losing track of Fernandez was the biggest error. We could have done better as a team, but if defences got it right all the time, there would never be a goal scored….

not a good game once again, should be dropped. Holgate and Mina should be our CBs.

Stunk the place out for weeks and didn’t look arsed at the end.

Big fan of the player, but he’s just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.