2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben has lots of good defensive attributes, especially the athletic, physical type but he has weaknesses also, heading for instance but that is why you try and have a good blend in a partnership. Mina and Godfrey on paper to me, looks the best but currently Godfrey is not quite up to speed. His pace and power of recovery are not to be sniffed at though.
Unfortunately his power of recovery is mostly notable because he's not good at defending outside of recovery mode.

Unfortunately his power of recovery is mostly notable because he's not good at defending outside of recovery mode.
Well I know you struggle to define attributes and seem to think everyone should be able to do everything but it isn't always like that, so you have to learn to utilise your tools correctly and he is only 23 still a baby really in that role and he will never get to learn stuff he needs to learn if he doesn't get played in his preferred position.

If Holgate can't get a game ahead of a lad who isn't well, there isn't much down for him.
I thought the same, Rafael picked him first few matches, I wondered after last season and the swapping him about they decided he needs only to play at his fave CH position. He has a tenancy to sulk (his words) so maybe he doing that in training?

Well I know you struggle to define attributes and seem to think everyone should be able to do everything but it isn't always like that, so you have to learn to utilise your tools correctly and he is only 23 still a baby really in that role and he will never get to learn stuff he needs to learn if he doesn't get played in his preferred position.
I'm not asking him to do everything I'm asking him to properly position himself and track attackers which after 150 games is something he should have a basic grasp of.

Yeah, time to step up. Every player needs a setting in period - he's had his. If he destroyed that by failing to maximise his safety and availability - and those of his team-mates - by getting vaccinated, that's his failure. If he had been vaccinated, I'm pretty sure we would have been told.

So, step up now or find yourself on the transfer list next summer. We have way too many passengers as it is. I hope the lad makes it - he has potential - but we can't wait forever for players to make a mark at this club. You either do or you don't, and a couple of seasons is usually more than enough of a proving ground for most.

Yeah, time to step up. Every player needs a setting in period - he's had his. If he destroyed that by failing to maximise his safety and availability - and those of his team-mates - by getting vaccinated, that's his failure. If he had been vaccinated, I'm pretty sure we would have been told.

So, step up now or find yourself on the transfer list next summer. We have way too many passengers as it is. I hope the lad makes it - he has potential - but we can't wait forever for players to make a mark at this club. You either do or you don't, and a couple of seasons is usually more than enough of a proving ground for most.
He was the greatest thing from a sliced loaf last season, this season he's had COVID and struggling to get back to his best.
With Mina out he has to play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.