2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Could leave us with one centre half next season, if Jarrod goes.

An area of the pitch I’d really not like to focus or use resources on.
Would be for me would be looking to get his replacement in this season to build up to end up taking his place the season after

https://www.[Publication is blackli...l-which-may-see-evertons-20m-leave-for-italy/

Only mention of it:
"Godfrey has admires in italy and has turned down offers to extend his stay at Goodison".

Poorly written, grammatical errors, no cited sources and give no details on which offers have been turned down... ones earlier or recent ones. Very slapdash and seems like its was just included to make up the word count.

Wouldn't pay this any attention just yet.

Fair enough, some believe in Beto.
I also believe that Beto can cover any potential departure of DCL in both time spent injured and flattering to deceive.

Apart from Pickford and Branthwaite I am quite happy for anyone if sold for the right money and a replacement found. For Pickford and Branthwaite, I would want silly money and a suitable replacement plus overall strengthening of the team and financial circumstances of the club.

Anyway, Godfrey, meh.

I also believe that Beto can cover any potential departure of DCL in both time spent injured and flattering to deceive.

Apart from Pickford and Branthwaite I am quite happy for anyone if sold for the right money and a replacement found. For Pickford and Branthwaite, I would want silly money and a suitable replacement plus overall strengthening of the team and financial circumstances of the club.

Anyway, Godfrey, meh.
DCL is an excellent forward and Godfrey is a lot better than people give him credit for imo

Wed be much worse off without Dom and I honestly think Godfrey will mature in to a very good player