2023/24 Ben Godfrey

In a Dyche set up (limited attacking responsibility), arguably our best right back, our second best left back, and possibly our third best centre back.

Not saying much, and obviously we need better at some point, but we’d end up spending £15-£20m, to buy an identical replacement, with all the cash and PSR nonsense that entails.
Our first choice back line last season was around 20m combined. It won’t take 20m to replace Godfrey because he’s a bit crap.

So no big clubs actually want him then just some Twitter rumour.

And then the best club in the country signed him??? Kinda stupid comment is that 😂
Well no. Same as almost all rumours about who wants what player. It is reported in the press and that is what we tend to go off.

And my point remains, no one bid for Rooney until UTD did.

You are talking crap again and taking yourself around in circles - pointless conversation tbh

Well no. Same as almost all rumours about who wants what player. It is reported in the press and that is what we tend to go off.

And my point remains, no one bid for Rooney until UTD did.

You are talking crap again and taking yourself around in circles - pointless conversation tbh

No one has ever bid for Godfrey in his 4 years here. No big club wants him. Stick to your usual delusions.

No one has ever bid for Godfrey in his 4 years here. No big club wants him. Stick to your usual delusions.

Yeah, I don't think we should be listening to his agent place names in the media for justification of him staying.

If he goes, he needs to be replaced, that's the only hiccup as we go through yet another sale process.

You ,missed the point where I said
"pointless conversation tbh" cos you just say absolutely anything to try and prove a point even though it is bollox - an absolute bore.

Go back to your weird German fooball thread

He's made the right decision not taking a contract, we were only offering him one as a utility man and would have sold for the first offer we got if we got one at all.

He sees out a final year, we have a player that Dyche at least trusts to step in when needed for another year, and then he can pursue first team football elsewhere next summer.

No big loss. An awful centre back that can’t play centre back. Makeshift right back and not very good. His best position was actually left back for us but even that was years ago now. He has never improved, he will go down as yet another massive Everton buy who failed.

I will also never forgive him for the awful clearance against Burnley away where he basically just smacked the ball in the air, right to their man, to score.