2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop him and you have to put Calvert-Bambi or Tosun in up front and shift Richarlison out wide.

So no.

No idea why people beg for us to give the likes of Davies time but are already asking for Bernard to be dropped.
Richarlison has to go out wide, he's wasted up top.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until January to bring in a top striker.

Excellent logic :) but he was good against Leicester that won the league after Man U so maybe we should keep him ?

Im so confused now!
Personally i think our best option would be to bin off and sell anyone who played any part yesterday!
Get Everyone else into the team!
Then when they lose a game, bin them off and sell them!

Cant be sat around all day waiting for these players to play themselves out of slight dips in form, if they are not a 9 out of 10!
Sell them1
Dont care the window is closed!
Just sell them!

It’s not doing him any good being thrown in the deep-end, is it?

He’s pint-sized and needs time to adjust. It has been too easy for the opposition these past two games with him there.

The Brazilian and Ukrainian leagues are littered with yard dogs who will just boot a Bernard in the air the first chance they get. I don't think its an issue and I don't think it has been so far.

If he scores yesterday everyone would be praising him. These are the fine differences with fickle football fans.

what is wrong with people

last year we got annihilated 4-0 at old Trafford

this year we probably deserved at the very least a draw

stop being negative
Totally agree mate, at 2-0 we were wobbling a bit, but I thought we responded well. In recent seasons we would have lost from that point by 4 or 5, same at Arsenal. Things wont change overnight, but the green shoots are there for sure.

Poor again
No he wasn't. He didn't play as well as he did against Leicester but he was far from poor.

I don't know why people expect teams like Man Utd to just lie down and let us walk over them. Yesterday we created 14 chances, 6 on target, away from home and Bernard was a big part of that. The only team to have created more opportunities against them this season was Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

I agree he should have done better with his opportunity. To miss the target completely from that position was poor. But his overall contribution was decent.

Totally agree mate, at 2-0 we were wobbling a bit, but I thought we responded well. In recent seasons we would have lost from that point by 4 or 5, same at Arsenal. Things wont change overnight, but the green shoots are there for sure.

Very true, Gary Neville even said during the commentary "this could end up being 4 or 5 now", may be wishful thinking on his behalf but was far from it at the end, in fact I think Jose was pretty glad to hear the whistle go!

No he wasn't. He didn't play as well as he did against Leicester but he was far from poor.

I don't know why people expect teams like Man Utd to just lie down and let us walk over them. Yesterday we created 14 chances, 6 on target, away from home and Bernard was a big part of that. The only team to have created more opportunities against them this season was Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

I agree he should have done better with his opportunity. To miss the target completely from that position was poor. But his overall contribution was decent.

In my opinion i thought he was poor vs Palace and United as were the front 4 in both games tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back