Best Away You've Been to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you burnt you shoes after that;)
I was only 14 years old went with my older brother, only for a kopite I could have been crushed he saved me as I fell to the flor with th swaying lost my bother in the crowd panicked when the ale house emptied out the crush came I ended up in front of the crash bar with this big black kopite protecting me with his knee shouting out for my brother they aren't that bad you know!
Thousands of blues in that Kop end on that day the banter was brilliant, and the game, and the result;)

I guess to easy to say Cup Winners final in Rotterdam, or even Munich in the semi final.
I always thought on both if them nights that we were a force that will be around for years to come....

If I had to pick another game it would be Nurmberg, not the performance but simply the massive following and the impeccable behaviour of our fans that night....that made me realise we have the core support to be something special

Probably Sunderland away FA cup replay, 7 or 8000 of us stood up singing throughout.

Also Man U away, Oviedo winner was fantastic!

Yesterday was the 52nd anniversary of beating the rs 4 - 0 at that place. With 3 of the goals being scored by Scousers - Harvey, Mogsy & Temple & Pickering getting the other one. Hard to beat that really, but so many good shouts by others.

Arsenal Away...Kanchelskis with the winner 2-1.

Massive push from the back and i ended up on top of 2 stewards half on the pitchside from 15 odd rows back...looked back to see if my Dad was ok...there he was stood on his seat laughing his head off wide eyed!!!

The Leeds Rooney game was special as we hadnt won there for years against them, forget how long but it was but I recall seeing this old fella saying he had seen Everton everywhere and this was the only grouns he had not seen us win at.
Moyes at Derby country was good but one of my favorites was at Villa park about 10 years ago, beat them 3 - 1 Osman scored twice, outstanding that day.

Leicester 97/98 Gary speed pen in the 90th minute to end a near 12 month away win drought .

Bristol city bakayoko in the last minute . Pitch invasion and getting close lined by a steward .

Nuremberg , thousands of toffees having a ball and In all areas of the ground

Campbell at Anfield . Nearly 20 visits to that pit and to only see one win is a disgrace .

Rangers away in pre season .

Anderlecht . Our away following taking no crap from the locals and plod and sticking together in what was a mad 24 hours

Well there would be any victory at The Pit (Lineker and Ratcliffe 2-0, Stevens in LC 1-0 and even Testimonial wins there!)
Man U 4-2 in the SSSC, a 5-0 at Coventry would be high up there.. but not Sunderland 1-2 FAC or Bolton 1-1 abandoned (except that my late brother came with me for both)...nor anything like the 4-0 stuffing we were handed at Ipswich. I remember 3-2 win at Newcastle at start of 84-5 that told us we were going places Sheeds got one..

Top 5:

5 Beating the RS at Wembley (Charity Shield)
4 Alkmaar (but no ticket) went for the buzz, took the train and coach to the ground and came back to Amsterdam for the game on TV - a 4 day bender which I wrote about on here somewhere totally manic and insane
3 AEK Athens - even tho' it pished down all night - another "lost weekend" trip
2 Nuremberg - special
1 Spurs 1985 with my late Dad and the trip home. Not forgetting nearly getting thrown off the front row of the Spurs Main Stand into the paddock below for telling anyone who cared to listen we were going win the league..

Idiot me didn't go to either Bayern or Rotterdam so they'd be on top if I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back