Best Away You've Been to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City away, was it about 6 maybe 7 years ago and we won 1-2, it was freezing cold night, about -8c most games had been called off, we were 2-0 up within about half an hour I think. They scored near the end but we held on.

Other than that, semi at villa park, I think Mountfield and Sheedy scored.

Forest away under smith on a Wednesday night .Big dunc got 2 in a 2 nil win.

villa away 04/05 not won there since the 80s and we beat them 3-1 giving them a football lesson . One of arteta's first games for us .

Anfield 2-0 Royle and Whittle was something else, we filled the Anfield Road end and there were thousands in the Kop. Sheffield Wednesday 1970, after we clinched the title against West Brom on the Wednesday and singing 'champions, champions'.

Spurs 1985 was another that was special, if we won the title was ours. Couldn't get a ticket for the away end, but as I was living in London at the time, got one for the home end. After the game we thought it would be better to head down to Seven Sisters tube but had to endure Spurs fans shouting 'scouse' all the way down.

I've been literally 100s of away....not many grounds in England I've not been to...

Anyway 2 stick out for me...

Coventry 1-3 Everton

We were near bottom of the league under Smith and went there an was 3-0 by half time..... Gemmil,Carsley an Alexanderson I think....

Derby 3-4 Everton

Moyes 1st away games in charge, should have wend down that season but for him taking over. 4-1 up with 20 to go.....strouper scoured a worldly and went 4-3 with 5 to go....was a nervy last few...

Other mentions...

Ipswich 0-2 Everton Barlow, Beagrie
Lincoln city 3-4 Everton Rideout (3)
Westham every season for 6 years....
City away for 4 years....cahill last min.

So many to choose from....but top 2 will always live with me
Duncan Ferguson doesn't like this post;)

The Kanchelskis derby was the best but with it being at that dump I will pick the 1-0 win at the Etihad when Cahill scored the winner in injury time

Could pick any West Ham win over the past 5/6 years.

Nuremberg was my first euro away and what a way to kick it all off, Wolfsburg was pretty good as well.

Kiev was great for different reasons but a great trip regardless.

The Rooney Leeds away & Wrexham that year were good fun.

One that always sticks in my head is Portsmouth 1-0 when Saha scored.. Not in terms of a great win or massive limbs. Just loved the ground, surroundings and atmosphere..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back