Best male vocalist….

Saw someone mention Idrissa Gueye's brother....Marvin, he's a standout that just cant be beaten i'd say. Its why you very rarely see covers of his songs.

Other mentions

George Michael (massively underrated, probably the best ever male British vocalist)
Bill Withers
TQ
Al Green
Solomon Burke

Out there currently, i love Eric Burton of the Black Puma's & in the same bracket as George Michael, Harry Styles vocal range is massively underrated

Some names to add I'm not sure I've seen listed yet: Philip Bailey, Al Green, Chris Stapleton, Levon Helm...
When I saw the thread He was my first thought. Just glad he hasn't been posted.
Saw someone mention Idrissa Gueye's brother....Marvin, he's a standout that just cant be beaten i'd say. Its why you very rarely see covers of his songs.

Other mentions

George Michael (massively underrated, probably the best ever male British vocalist)
Bill Withers
TQ
Al Green
Solomon Burke

Out there currently, i love Eric Burton of the Black Puma's & in the same bracket as George Michael, Harry Styles vocal range is massively underrated
I agree about Big Gay Georgios, Him and Aretha is 1 of my favourite songs. Apparently done and recorded on the first take and first time singing together, or so I heard.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back