Best Prematch Pint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, most places around the area are a poor pint. Just got to accept it for what it is when you are paying a fiver for a pint with no head.

You get rotten in Segura. It's great stuff if you're up for that.

Taxi club is also sound, bit quieter than most places so will get served handily.
And from my experience compared to the other bars near the ground you don't wait long for a drink. Get served almost immediately at the bar as they aren't spending time sorting out change.

I'm headed to Liverpool for my first match at Goodison on Saturday. I know there is an old thread about the best place for a pint before the match, but its from before 2020 and I'm guessing a few things might have changed since then.
Where should I stop for a prematch pint? Probably looking to be out by Goodison, maybe the Denbigh post match.
Probably worth noting that it’s also the grand national on Saturday so town will probably be busier than usual, I’d head around the ground, the taxi club is a good place and has the earlier games on, have a few there then head up closer to the ground and take in the atmosphere, try both the Winslow and Spellow just be prepared for how busy it will be, the shout about a cooler bag etc may come in handy then if you just want to take in the atmosphere and have a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.