Best pub around Goodison

Always the Richard John Blacker (Spoons) for me. Straight off the train, over the road and in to the boozer. Then a cab about an hour before kick off for another crafty pint in the Winslow.

Normally the Cheppy before the game, close to the ground, decent enough ale, loads of good blues.

Bernie Mays (the Glebe) & the Black Horse after, always served quick and good pints (no real ale though)

Used to be a great pub. Back in the day, one of the first pubs in Liverpool to sell draught Guinness and was full all the time as a result. Was well run when the last but one owners had it. Very tired in the end though.
I dont doubt it was mate. I lived just off county round for 8 years and everyone i knew knew it as a dive. The one time i ventured in there they were selling cans of Carling. Always the mark of a weird boozer to me that.

I dont doubt it was mate. I lived just off county round for 8 years and everyone i knew knew it as a dive. The one time i ventured in there they were selling cans of Carling. Always the mark of a weird boozer to me that.
Yes that’s true, I was thinking prior to the Iceland being built next door

There is an arl pub called The Albany between Kirkdale station and Goodison.

It is close enough to the ground to be convenient yet just far enough away to avoid the mayhem that is the Royal Oak, the Wilmslow, the Brick, the Black Horse etc.
Used to go in there years ago , completely forgotten about it , glad it’s still going.

Yes that’s true, I was thinking prior to the Iceland being built next door
I wasnt laughing at your choice necessarily mate. Just knowing the boozer when i did forced me to post is all. Sounds like it used to be a decent ale house but unfortunately went down the tubes like a lot of formerly good uns.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back