2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek, there is merit in what you say, but we are a club in the last chance saloon, we can’t afford 21 mill plus on a wing and a prayer. I seen nothing today that made me think that he would come good. I know that you can look at the service he got but this is a Sean Dyche team, this is the service he is going to get. If we could recoup our money in January I would take your arm off. The young lad who replaced him didn’t do much but at least he is young and if I had the choice I would go for him.

You need to look at that match again. I saw a player who closed down the Forest defence for 84 minutes and never allowed them to settle on the ball and got on the end of a couple of chances that he could have done better on...and he knew it too by gesticulating to everyone that he knew he had to get over the ball to keep it down.

McNeil and Doucoure benefitted massively from his presence up front.

Is his movement great? No. But I saw him once or twice on the shoulder of a defender on the edge of the area and turning them but no through ball came for him.

He was part and parcel of that battling performance last night and one of the reasons we dominated Forest and made a mockery of their very decent home form and had their home fans booing their own players at the end.

He isnt doin loads atm but what he does do is ensures when dcl is out the system dont need to change which is worth it alone IMO

he will end up with a few goals but thats fine hes a bit part player in his first season

Origi ended up a cult hero at them scoring about 5 a season? He could certinley do that

He needs a goal badly, he's snatching at any chance he gets at the moment. I really think a goal will relieve the pressure that he's putting on himself.
He needs a strike partner.

Obviously away from home we cant go two up front, but at home we should be partnering him up with either DCL or Danjuma.

I don't know this, but it looks to me thats the way he's used to playing with a strike partner to play off.

He isnt doin loads atm but what he does do is ensures when dcl is out the system dont need to change which is worth it alone IMO

he will end up with a few goals but thats fine hes a bit part player in his first season

Origi ended up a cult hero at them scoring about 5 a season? He could certinley do that
Exactly. The feller has been in this country for three months and needs to acclimatise to the pace and defensive athleticism of the PL.

He's got the physicality and the energy levels, he just needs to add composure to his finishing.

I don't see an awful lot wrong here if I'm honest.

One thing I will say is once he went off we were not the same going forward and Chermiti didn't chase any of the forest players down, miles off it that lad

One thing I will say is once he went off we were not the same going forward and Chermiti didn't chase any of the forest players down, miles off it that lad
Yes, but Doucoure dropped deeper and offered no support as we were coming under a bit more pressure in the final 6 minutes + 4 added on.

Chermiti cant play up on his own. The jury is out on him, I suppose. Still young though.

I'm not writing him off, he was slow in the first part of his movement yesterday that meant defenders got in front of him too often, he was making the right runs/moves but half a second or so too late. That chance he missed he should have scored but it wasn't as easy as it first looked. There was a keeper and defender moving across to block and he had lift it over these. He also had to twist his body round to be in a position to side foot. He should have scored but he will. Chermiti did alright when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back