2023/24 Beto

Imagine writing all that and thinking you’re really clever and then finding out that I meant quote as in the quote function. That would be really embarrassing wouldn’t it. Anyway whether you want to get all hot and bothered about the word literally or not and most people don’t on places like this because it’s not school, the clear inference of what he’s saying is that he disagrees entirely with going really strong and feeling we had to win. That’s still ridiculous as far as I’m concerned but maybe I’m in the minority or is it just an American thing where fans think losing is the way forward.
And here is a backhanded comment for no reason. Mate it’s over. Be happy. We won. I’m over it. It was a misunderstanding.

Imagine writing all that and thinking you’re really clever and then finding out that I meant quote as in the quote function. That would be really embarrassing wouldn’t it. Anyway whether you want to get all hot and bothered about the word literally or not and most people don’t on places like this because it’s not school, the clear inference of what he’s saying is that he disagrees entirely with going really strong and feeling we had to win. That’s still ridiculous as far as I’m concerned but maybe I’m in the minority or is it just an American thing where fans think losing is the way forward.
Haha, I thought Id give you a chance, but you may just be that type of person. But yes, do go after peoples ethnicity as thats always a step up.

I don't think his touch overall is poor, on many occasions he's made some clever moves and has ability to control the ball look at yesterday's third goal. Sometimes things don't materialize as a player envisions and i feel that's what has happened a couple times where he's over ambitious but to say he has niasse or rom(who wasn't even that bad with the ball) like touch is off in my opinion

….interesting he’s told Dyche he needs to be ‘more polished’ and Dyche told him, ‘no, we need you to be raw’.

I think Dyche is spot on. Beto is never going to be pleasing on the eye, his strength comes from his athleticism and competitiveness. He’s very hit and miss but he’s an option.
He has that bit of Richy in him. I don’t think he lacks skill or ability but he lacks coordination and is prone to being unpredictable. There will be moments where he looks good and moments where he is falling on his arse and making comedy reels.

I just see an Everton fan playing for his club who’s big tall and fast ! He’s trying to do a hundred things at once when he gets the ball ! The way he’s got here I bet he can’t believe ! Once he’s got a few goals and feels settled he’ll do great !
to me he seems to be a different player when he gets the ball at his feet to run with when he isnt near the goal, ie in the middle of th pitch or higher up but out wide. Like the 3rd goal yesterday, he could be strong and drive with the ball and make stuff happen. When he had the ball in the centre of the goal on the edge of the box he seemed flustered and too obliged to get a shot off, he seemed to get a bit giddy. it'll come, there's a decent striker in there and I love the way he can have strong powerful run with the ball. Once he gets a bit of confidence he'll look much better. I like him, he gives us options. Let's not forget, not long ago we had Maupey leading the line and no options.

to me he seems to be a different player when he gets the ball at his feet to run with when he isnt near the goal, ie in the middle of th pitch or higher up but out wide. Like the 3rd goal yesterday, he could be strong and drive with the ball and make stuff happen. When he had the ball in the centre of the goal on the edge of the box he seemed flustered and too obliged to get a shot off, he seemed to get a bit giddy. it'll come, there's a decent striker in there and I love the way he can have strong powerful run with the ball. Once he gets a bit of confidence he'll look much better. I like him, he gives us options. Let's not forget, not long ago we had Maupey leading the line and no options.
Gonna be interesting when Doucoure get's a knock or a game ban and Beto get's a run as the AM.

….interesting he’s told Dyche he needs to be ‘more polished’ and Dyche told him, ‘no, we need you to be raw’.

I think Dyche is spot on. Beto is never going to be pleasing on the eye, his strength comes from his athleticism and competitiveness. He’s very hit and miss but he’s an option.
He gives defenders something to think about with his strength and pace. He's never going to be a 15 goal a season player, but, he is decent cover for Calvert Lewin, and a good option off the bench when we are chasing a game. I can't shake the feeling that Chermiti is, ultimately, going to be the better buy. He just looks like a footballer. Time will tell I suppose.

I don't think his touch overall is poor, on many occasions he's made some clever moves and has ability to control the ball look at yesterday's third goal. Sometimes things don't materialize as a player envisions and i feel that's what has happened a couple times where he's over ambitious but to say he has niasse or rom(who wasn't even that bad with the ball) like touch is off in my opinion
Rom was brilliant if the ball was in front of him facing goal. On the other hand he was embarrasing in any other situation. We learned how to control a ball better than him in primary school.

He gives defenders something to think about with his strength and pace. He's never going to be a 15 goal a season player, but, he is decent cover for Calvert Lewin, and a good option off the bench when we are chasing a game. I can't shake the feeling that Chermiti is, ultimately, going to be the better buy. He just looks like a footballer. Time will tell I suppose.

….it’ll be a good bit of business if Chermiti turns out to be a good one. I know exactly what you mean that you get a ‘feeling’ about certain players, fingers crossed those vibes are right although I would like to see the odd sign that he’s a real talent.