Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they do because I almost guarantee they wouldn’t now mate. Perhaps the damage is already done but I’d back Goodison to boo Joe Royle now.

I'm not sure. I've spoken to a couple of people recently who basically put our troubles down to the fact he sold. They think the fact we are struggling is because Kenwright no longer has the influence and everything would have been rosy if he'd just continued as before. There are a lot of fans who just are deluded towards Bill and will never blame him.

I don't think Goodison has the energy left to boo right now. If we go down, that Palace game is going to be horrible though. Absolutely toxic.

I'm not sure. I've spoken to a couple of people recently who basically put our troubles down to the fact he sold. They think the fact we are struggling is because Kenwright no longer has the influence and everything would have been rosy if he'd just continued as before. There are a lot of fans who just are deluded towards Bill and will never blame him.

I don't think Goodison has the energy left to boo right now. If we go down, that Palace game is going to be horrible though. Absolutely toxic.
Even though Bill found Moshiri and celebrated bringing him to Everton. Some superb dissonance amongst our tribes.

Just thinking back to all those good times he has given us in my life.

Losing at Wembley.
Losing at Wembley again.
Finishing ahead of Liverpool once and still not qualifying for champions league.
Hiring benitez.

Thanks Bill. It's been great.
Hahaha

Rather be losing at Wembley under Bill's ownership then getting ready for relegation under Moshiris

But that's always been the problem. Goodison IS his safe place.

People like @4737carlin are not a tiny minority. Our fanbase is riddled with people who genuinely believe he's done OK under incredibly difficult circumstances.

You have to hand it to him. He's somehow managed to hypnotise great swathes of our fanbase into genuinely believing he's always had our best interests at heart. Yes, he's wanted Everton to 'do well', but only if he's front and centre. He has an insatiable need to be seen as our spiritual leader and be adored by Evertonians.

Whilst I support the message of the 27 years campaign, I'm sorry they arrived 25 years too late to have any meaningful impact. As a fanbase, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. Talk of a protest? Shouts of kopite behavior generally kill any momentum it may have gained.

We're not sleepwalking towards relegation, we're sleepwalking to our death.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty nice fella, but I often daydream about Kenwright being dead. I genuinely despise the man. Not for who he is, but for what he's done to thousands upon thousands of my fellow supporters: He's fed them so much crap they genuinely can't taste it apart from ice-cream. I'm not mad at them, I just feel pity.

Every single failure and missed opportunity over the past quarter century is directly linked to this needy bellend.

Every single failure.

I'm so disappointed that so many refuse to accept it.
I’ve talked about it often with lads at the game & my brother. The day he finally lets go will be a majestic day for Everton.

Wonder how Prenno is in his new Role, not much on twitter these days. But getting the club he deserves. 25yrs and not a bad word for kenwright, yet happy to criticise Gillette & hicks for the reds. You couldn’t make it up
He's chief Arse Sniffer.

Reckons he's Everton Royalty through marriage and has decided that Kenwright is a worthy leader.

Just burn the whole thing to the ground and be done with it

Held off selling our club to anyone including Man City's owners unless someone let him keep playing with his train set. He's lucky the last game of the season is away, I don't think he'd make it out of Goodison alive.
I remember the police doing practice runs at the youth fa Cup final in case someone went for johnson. Kenwright has done far more damage

This has been coming since 2011 when the Blue Union, who were mostly made up of sensible, good-intentioned fans, were hounded and vilified in the media for daring to expose what an inept, arrogant, serial-liar Kenwright was and still is. They were called kopites by fellow fans, mocked by lap-dog ex-players, sneered at by clueless journalists (both national and local) who had no interest in seeing the club kick-on and do well again, all whilst this man was applauded by thousands ostriches inside Goodison itself.

He refused to let go and stop treating Everton like his personal lunch club, he wanted and found a total idiot who'd agree to let him stay but also spend vast amounts of money. Moshiri has undoubtedly been the accelerant, but the club's decline started long before he showed up. The fact is that so many of our fanbase DESERVE this, they deserve an embarrassing team and clueless board who are dragging them down into the doldrums of lower league football. People tried to warn you and you wouldn't even listen, instead preferring to celebrate a man who'd brought absolutely nothing to the club apart from failure and humiliation.

Enjoy the Championship you lot, you know you are.

This has been coming since 2011 when the Blue Union, who were mostly made up of sensible, good-intentioned fans, were hounded and vilified in the media for daring to expose what an inept, arrogant, serial-liar Kenwright was and still is. They were called kopites by fellow fans, mocked by lap-dog ex-players, sneered at by clueless journalists (both national and local) who had no interest in seeing the club kick-on and do well again, all whilst this man was applauded by thousands ostriches inside Goodison itself.

He refused to let go and stop treating Everton like his personal lunch club, he wanted and found a total idiot who'd agree to let him stay but also spend vast amounts of money. Moshiri has undoubtedly been the accelerant, but the club's decline started long before he showed up. The fact is that so many of our fanbase DESERVE this, they deserve an embarrassing team and clueless board who are dragging them down into the doldrums of lower league football. People tried to warn you and you wouldn't even listen, instead preferring to celebrate a man who'd brought absolutely nothing to the club apart from failure and humiliation.

Enjoy the Championship you lot, you know you are.
Blue union were bad melts though.

Blue union were bad melts though.
How do you know? Did you meet any of the people who were actually in charge of it, hear them out properly? Or did you just look at a few lowlifes who joined in and therefore dismissed the whole thing?

This attitude is exactly what I'm saying is the problem, you don't even know what it was they were trying to achieve yet are calling them names. Had everyone listened we may have managed to save this sinking ship.

I heard a blue on Talkshte earlier asking what does Kenwright do. But he left the door open to allow "the narrative" to be about Moshiri.

What I believe is that Kenwright's position is untenable. He must go in the next 2 months.

There is no one else to blame because he and he alone has lowered the bar of the standards of Everton Football Club. There's been a decline of the club since we last won the league but in the early years of the PL for which we (Carter) helped establish, we didn't push on like our neighbours or other clubs. We're talking world wide image, talking Champions League, talking stadium advancement. What Kenwright did in his tenure was to allow the club to continue to drift from being a big club, under Moyes as "the best of the rest" tag suited him perfectly. But there's been no sea change from Kenwright as to the direction of the club. It's a continued decline. Moshiri in my opinion is a by product of the poor running by Kenwright. And, as the fans start to worry and collectively ask questions you have Kenwright playing the victim saying it's difficult in this day and age and "you've had some good times".

Look at the state of the club, off the pitch, the finances, on the pitch, the players don't care. The problems come from the top down. What's on the pitch is just a symptom of the greater problems at the club. Quote Madonna "we're in an awful mess".

How do you know? Did you meet any of the people who were actually in charge of it, hear them out properly? Or did you just look at a few lowlifes who joined in and therefore dismissed the whole thing?

This attitude is exactly what I'm saying is the problem, you don't even know what it was they were trying to achieve yet are calling them names. Had everyone listened we may have managed to save this sinking ship.
It's not always that easy though. They wanted kenwright out. Then what?

I'm not saying kenwright isn't a complete disaster, but that doesn't make blue union the answer and they could easily have just hastened our demise.

This has been coming since 2011 .......
2011, the club was sold to Moshiti in 2016, so it hasnt been coming since 2011 at all?

2011, lets see what happened for the next few seasons, 2012 we came 7th and got the FA Cup Semi-finals, 2013 we came 6th, 2014 we came 5th, ok we dropped to 11th then for two seasons but to say its been coming since 2011 it just silly.
7th, 6th, 5th, peak Kenwright

Its been coming since 2016, when Moshiri cane on, if the blue union were moaning prior to 2016 they look rather silly now since those days were so much better then these.

It's not always that easy though. They wanted kenwright out. Then what?

I'm not saying kenwright isn't a complete disaster, but that doesn't make blue union the answer and they could easily have just hastened our demise.

That proves you didn't actually look into them or hear what they were saying.

They wanted Kenwright to appoint a person who had the specific task of identifying a buyer for the club, someone like Martin Broughton, who would then negotiate the deal for Kenwright to sell his shares and allow the club to move on with new owners who'd been vetted by the aforementioned appointed person.

They also called for fan representation on the board because the communication with the fanbase was appalling. It was called the Fans' Parliament and was an idea a few other clubs were doing at the time (Wolves for one). Basically an elected group of people to represent the different corners of the fanbase (whom the club couldn't veto). Those elected serve for a fixed term before being replaced by another group that were also elected. The meetings between board members and elected would be chaired by a neutral person (a local journalist or politician). The minutes of these meetings should be then released publicly so neither side could be accused of lying or unprofessionalism.

Both ideas were completely dismissed by Kenwright and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back