Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
By far the biggest mistake Moshiri made was keeping Kenwright around, but I'm confident that Bill still having an influence over things was part of the deal.

The rot started with Kenwright and it will unfortunately end with a relegation that rips the club apart. Nothing will ever change my mind that he is the single most poisonous presence in Everton's history. A legacy of failure for a once great club.
Absolutely 100% correct.

Bill had been looking for "investment" for about 20 years -apparently!- but just couldn't find anyone who was interested in owning a club in the world's richest league (even though dozens of other clubs all had takeovers during this impossible search). No doubt in my mind he only sold to Moshiri because he got to stay in his role. Bit like selling your house for millions on the condition you still get to live in it.

By far the biggest mistake Moshiri made was keeping Kenwright around, but I'm confident that Bill still having an influence over things was part of the deal.
Appointing a horrible RS ten years past his prime.
Signing Tosun because he did alright once against Monaco.
Racially abusing our best players mother.

All worse.

His fanboys will keep saying that he did a good job prior to Moshiri but the facts tell a different story. He didn't do anything like a good job prior to Moshiri. We just existed while selling every halfway decent asset we had that wasn't nailed down just to survive. We continually stumbled from disaster to disaster with no real chance of ever winning anything and with only the occasional pushes to be among the "best of the rest" to brighten things up. It was better then what we have now but its equally part laughable and tragic (and a reflection on how low we've fallen as a club) that anyone could think that it was good. It was a failure. A total and utter failure. Our entire Premier League existence bar 1995 has been an utter failure and Kenwright has overseen the vast majority of it. The man is a fraud, a conman, a shyster and a charlatan. He's done nothing but take and take and take from this club while getting his arse licking fanboys to praise and applaud him for it. The fact that he's still here and still has people backing him after everything he's done to this club, after all the failures he's overseen is why we as a club are where we are.

His fanboys will keep saying that he did a good job prior to Moshiri but the facts tell a different story. He didn't do anything like a good job prior to Moshiri. We just existed while selling every halfway decent asset we had that wasn't nailed down just to survive. We continually stumbled from disaster to disaster with no real chance of ever winning anything and with only the occasional pushes to be among the "best of the rest" to brighten things up. It was better then what we have now but its equally part laughable and tragic (and a reflection on how low we've fallen as a club) that anyone could think that it was good. It was a failure. A total and utter failure. Our entire Premier League existence bar 1995 has been an utter failure and Kenwright has overseen the vast majority of it. The man is a fraud, a conman, a shyster and a charlatan. He's done nothing but take and take and take from this club while getting his arse licking fanboys to praise and applaud him for it. The fact that he's still here and still has people backing him after everything he's done to this club, after all the failures he's overseen is why we as a club are where we are.
I agree with this.

For a while he did on, but the longer he stayed, the more he became the problem. His inability to get investment meant we fell behind our piers. Our lack of any success for 27 years is taking its toll on support and that will begin to accelerate from here. The next generations of supporters will be smaller and have brevet experienced success. Kenwright had presided over the slow death of our club.

Absolutely 100% correct.

Bill had been looking for "investment" for about 20 years -apparently!- but just couldn't find anyone who was interested in owning a club in the world's richest league (even though dozens of other clubs all had takeovers during this impossible search). No doubt in my mind he only sold to Moshiri because he got to stay in his role. Bit like selling your house for millions on the condition you still get to live in it.

I think it was a marriage of convenience for Kenwright, Usmanov and Moshiri, or at least it was sold that way. Usmanov clearly wanted to keep his ownership at arms length, and Moshiri just wanted to play Football Manager and was happy to do so whilst Kenwright remained involved. A deal that was music to Kenwright's ears.

I think it was a marriage of convenience for Kenwright, Usmanov and Moshiri, or at least it was sold that way. Usmanov clearly wanted to keep his ownership at arms length, and Moshiri just wanted to play Football Manager and was happy to do so whilst Kenwright remained involved. A deal that was music to Kenwright's ears.

As a non-dom Moshiri can only spend 90 days per year in the UK, so he was always going to need somebody to run the day to day.

Now, the idea that the best candidate was the guy who'd presided over the previous decade and a half of stagnation, financial disaster and 2 failed stadium moves is where the tale gets sticky.

All the while not puttting in 1 brass wazoo of his own...allegedly...as his stake in the club rose so did Club Debt.

...and then some.
Moshiri...and by extension Usmanov...must rue the day they fell for his - allegedly "look at us, 'best of the rest' all we need is money ( I try my best but I just havent got enough) to crack this Top 4 thing.
Sod Arsenal, work it up them, come in with me."
Don’t forget he mortgaged his house to buy Everton, at least that’s what people say.

I’m not sure when Merseyside was rivalling Manhattan for property prices but it must have been if it provided enough money for the club.

Don’t forget he mortgaged his house to buy Everton, at least that’s what people say.

I’m not sure when Merseyside was rivalling Manhattan for property prices but it must have been if it provided enough money for the club.

Even if that was true, why on earth would you put yourself in financial distress to buy a football club you can't make any investment in?

Yeah right.
File all that in the section marked 'Jackanory' - along with uncle cyril's crossbar, the boys pen and other assorted fairytales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back