Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are people taking the mick out of him due to illness you need to have a serious word with yourself. I am sure there many a person on here who have lost people to cancer me 5 years ago with my dad (who was a massive blue) that’s what’s wrong with society now days. Internet, social media etc has just made it even worse. If bill is ill I for one regardless of the team I support hope he’s alright and if it’s not alright he’s comfortable because health comes before anything in life
Nobody is taking the Mick out him being ill. Nobody. Some (myself) have said they don't believe he is ill BUT if he is, we wish him a full and speedy recovery. Please read the posts carefully and see what people have written and not what you think they have written. Thanks.

This is Farhad right here basically saying what a good owner Kenwright was

“Some of the decisions that have been taken have been driven by the fans. You have to stay with a manager to get the systems going.” - Farhad Moshiri

You have to stay with a manager......that's exactly what he did with Moyes, he stayed with him, it's a shame Farhad has been so trigger happy.
And he would have stayed with Martinez and that would have ended like Wigan in relegation. Funny how you seem to erase the martinez tenure from your memory. I wish I could

And he would have stayed with Martinez and that would have ended like Wigan in relegation. Funny how you seem to erase the martinez tenure from your memory. I wish I could
Would have? It might have, but it also might not have, we can speculate, but let's not forget he had us 11th two seasons on the run, twice since we have done worse then that, and that doesn't even include this season.

Yeah I agree, he should of hung on, but ridiculously mostly wanted him to sell up because they thought he was a bad owner, then Moshiri showed us what a bad owner actually looks like
He couldn't hang on.... he'd already sold off everything that wasn't nailed down. The coffers were empty, the debt was climbing and his saviour Moyes had gone. He'd carpet bagged us into oblivion.

He couldn't hang on.... he'd already sold off everything that wasn't nailed down. The coffers were empty, the debt was climbing and his saviour Moyes had gone. He'd carpet bagged us into oblivion.
Yeah because coming 5th in the first season post Moyes, under the manager Bill appointed was a disaster, as was Kenwright bringing Lukaku to the club.

Would have? It might have, but it also might not have, we can speculate, but let's not forget he had us 11th two seasons on the run, twice since we have done worse then that, and that doesn't even include this season.
He was in 12th when sacked, with a top 6 squad. Koeman got us 7th the following season, by loosing Stones and basically adding Williams, gana and bolasise who got crocked a few months in.

This was a time only 7 yrs ago when Arsenal Weren’t really spending like they’re now , Klopp had just taken over a Liverpool team who had mainly finished 6/7 for a
Few years apart from one season under Rodger’s. Spurs starting to come good and obviously Leicester we’re winning the league. Which wouldn’t happen now and the following year they finished 9th

But not as many teams had money you didn’t have a group of teams outside big 6 spending millions like you do now, IE us, villa, West Ham, wolves, Newcastle. Leicester. you didn’t have teams at the bottom spending like in recent years, Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham, look at what forest have spent.

He was in 12th when sacked, with a top 6 squad. Koeman got us 7th the following season, by loosing Stones and basically adding Williams, gana and bolasise who got crocked a few months in.

This was a time only 7 yrs ago when Arsenal Weren’t really spending like they’re now , Klopp had just taken over a Liverpool team who had mainly finished 6/7 for a
Few years apart from one season under Rodger’s. Spurs starting to come good and obviously Leicester we’re winning the league. Which wouldn’t happen now and the following year they finished 9th

But not as many teams had money you didn’t have a group of teams outside big 6 spending millions like you do now, IE us, villa, West Ham, wolves, Newcastle. Leicester. you didn’t have teams at the bottom spending like in recent years, Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham, look at what forest have spent.
Yeah we had ambition then, but that was because the club gave us a reason to expect it, things were good, we were very stable, we had tasted Europe, we had dipped our feet into the top 4, been to Wembley, it was a fine era..... compared to now

I'd happily have back to back 11th, and those semi finals, give me that over the mess Farhad has made anyday

Except of course, your pal still running the show. He us still Chairman! You're also conveniently forgetting that during those years of collusion with the likes of Philip Green and paying off exorbitant loans, the club slipped further and further down the income ladder and was overtaken by all of its peers (and more besides).... ALL other clubs addressed their stadium issues and increased all income streams. We financially flatlined for over a decade and Moyes had to repeatedly sell his best to buy..... as soon as he went, Kenwright's make do and mend model was doomed. Moshiri had to spend hundreds of millions just to get rid of the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back