Homepage Article Blackpool View On Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think timing is everything. Around the age of 18 is a crucial formative time in a player’s development, that’s when we should’ve been trying to find Simms a loan to a League 1 or 2 club. But Unnnnnnsy saw the bright lights of PL2 glory unfortunately and so those years of his career have been wasted. Hopefully the lad can catch up and be where he needs to be in the next 12 months.
Doubt it's all Unsworth I'm sure our DoF has some input...you'd hope.

Tom from Blackpool’s utmp provides the insight on how the young striker has got on so far in tangerine.

He's not 29 -30 he has no chance under Carlo imo ......great Managers build their teams on youth & experience... players who can last in the prem with fast attacking football......players from abroad like Tuson look good on paper - the prem is a very hard league - good luck to Ellis I hope he makes the grade .....

If they dont go up, id try and get him a Championship loan.
Why if the reports are good to get him in the squad of players we did this with Coleman on loan far to long imo - when he would have competed for a place as proven in our team same with Osman - we need competition up front ....plus more pace on the flanks -

Proud of our guy. Depending on who they sign if they get promoted, I say keep him there another year. It’d be awesome if they keep climbing.

If they dont go up, id try and get him a Championship loan.
As much as I would like that I think leaving him at blackpool where he will be settled would be more beneficial. Its a tough league that league one and one more season wouldn't hurt him.

C
Why if the reports are good to get him in the squad of players we did this with Coleman on loan far to long imo - when he would have competed for a place as proven in our team same with Osman - we need competition up front ....plus more pace on the flanks -
Coleman played about 10 games while on loan at blackpool. Can't really say it was too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.