Homepage Article Blackpool View On Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coleman played about 10 games while on loan at blackpool. Can't really say it was too long.
He was there for a while played in the play offs ? So much so they tried to sign him Ian Holaway ......I thought he was there for longer than 10 games still 10 too many if true ,....

.....i think Simms is 10mths older than Mason Greenwood who is a fixture at United and an England international. Just an indicator of how good youngsters have to be at the very top level.

Fortunately for simms though he currently only has to be better than trash like josh King to stand a bit of chance with us!

He was there for a while played in the play offs ? So much so they tried to sign him Ian Holaway ......I thought he was there for longer than 10 games still 10 too many if true ,....

Seamus Coleman seems to disagree with you there Joey...

“I’d done quite well at Blackpool so I went back to Everton with a lot of confidence from that, knowing that I could play at that level and it really did help kick-start my career at the club.”

Moyes said similar as well along the lines of he could run all day didn't have the know-how or experience to play at PL level. That spell at Blackpool gave him experience.

.....i think Simms is 10mths older than Mason Greenwood who is a fixture at United and an England international. Just an indicator of how good youngsters have to be at the very top level.
I remember a conversation I had with a fellow Blue when Simms was scoring all his goals and me saying the younger Greenwood was better. He came back at me with the stats a while later , Simms was easily out scoring Greenwood in the u18s League.....I pointed out by then Greenwood had stopped playing u18 and was with United’s U23s scoring goals. Today though another decent goal from Simms, a smartly placed volley, while Greenwood scores in the PL at Villa. Simms is no Greenwood , but he’s improving every season .... next season you’d expect him to feature at Championship level.

How many top players has our academy produced, it's hardly a conveyor belt of talent. Jobs for the boys.

....depends how far back you want to go;

Hurst, Husband, Harvey, Wright, Labone, Royle, Lyons. Literally loads from yesteryear. Rooney, Jeffers, Osman, Ball more recent England internationals. I’m sure there’s more if you count the likes of Hibbert, Dunne, Cadamarteri, Anichebe etc. These things are often cyclical, so you might get a crop every now and then.

I think most teams purchase young talent these days. Stones, Holgate, DCL etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.