Bolton 1-2 Everton. 26th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never booed an everton player coming on and I never will.

I did, because I was annoyed. The fact that he scored doesn't make it a genius move. It wasn't a malicious booing, it was just frustration. Nobody was booing the player they just booed the decision. It was a frustrating afternoon all round, we hauled off a striker and put on a defender - at that point it looked like we were playing for the draw so that's why people booed. It was only for a second though and then both players were clapped

I did, because I was annoyed. The fact that he scored doesn't make it a genius move. It wasn't a malicious booing, it was just frustration. Nobody was booing the player they just booed the decision. It was a frustrating afternoon all round, we hauled off a striker and put on a defender - at that point it looked like we were playing for the draw so that's why people booed. It was only for a second though and then both players were clapped

I've never said it was. I said it was the obvious but uninspired choice.

I get being furstrated and I'm not blaming anyone, I might have been tempted myself, but it's not something that I agree with, really.

Heitinga on was the best option we had available, like Tubey says it's what most managers do when they need a goal and the clock's running down, they put the big bloke up top and hit it long.

It wasn't genius but why boo it? You boo the stupid, not the uninspired but sensible.

Could have lashed Vellios on, he's handy in the box like

Did you just say you'd rather we made a different subsitute and lost than that subusitute and won? Really, you just said that?

I said Moyes made a defensive sub in bringing on Heitinga, clearly indicating he was playing for a replay when that was the last thing our squad needs. Of course I'm glad we won, but it was in spite of that substitution, not because of it.

Not one to blow me own trumpet normally but thought as only one of maybe one or two people who stood up for the decision by Moyes I would be forgiven for bringing it up :). Well we did win after all so its a good told you so.

Pre Heittinga

About the sub

Not long after..... goaaaalll

You want a medal or a chest to pin it on? A blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while, too.
Can't wait for Moyes to make a similar move in a similar situation and have it blow up in his face, if only to see what you have to say. Fact is, this result only papers over the cracks.

I'm saying that our goal didn't happen in spite of the goalscorer being on the pitch.

I'm saying it happened in spite of the manager making the move he did. If Moyes wanted to bring on someone to score, the logical choice would have been someone at least a little more accustomed to doing so. He brought on Heitinga to shore up the defence. The fact Heitinga scored means he now has the equivalent of blackmail pics of Moyes. He bailed him out BIG time.

I'm saying it happened in spite of the manager making the move he did. If Moyes wanted to bring on someone to score, the logical choice would have been someone at least a little more accustomed to doing so. He brought on Heitinga to shore up the defence. The fact Heitinga scored means he now has the equivalent of blackmail pics of Moyes. He bailed him out BIG time.

No, he bought on heitinga so Fellaini could go up top and we could play long ball.

I'm not that pleased about that call, myself but it wasn't purely defensive.

No, he bought on heitinga so Fellaini could go up top and we could play long ball.

I'm not that pleased about that call, myself but it wasn't purely defensive.

Yeah like explained earlier, there's reasons for the sub and they weren't to shore up the defence.

I just laughed when i heard it because it was a defender on for a striker off. Sure, he didn't play in defence but even then it was a defender into midfield to allow a midfielder to go up front.

Not a defender or midfielder for a striker. Not that that is instantly better, there's other things to consider as well but the former kind of sub is way more prevailent under Moyes than the latter. Which to be fair is partly because of our finance/small squad as it is with Moyes psyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back