Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things jumped out when the team was announced.

1. Why were Holgate and Williams not playing. Sam seemed to transform them into a decent pairing, so why would he drop them.

2. The midfield. Jesus, the midfield.

Probably the fair result, we were atrocious. The team that started the second half should have started the match, no idea why he brought Bolasie on who looked nackered after the first run.

every single time their players cut inside ! does this not get spotted by the players ? keane ready for him to take him on the oustide ! was never gonna happen and then they score !

Under both him and unsworth have shown that if we open up we leak goals. Even with 10 men behind the ball we look ropey and have been a bit lucky.

No wonder Koeman kept hoofing it.

The players are 100% the problem. I still will he thankful to Big Sam if he keeps us up.

those players, yes

Rooney and Holgate have been two of our top three players and they were on the bench

Weird old game.
No doubting that the starting selection was odd. Three DMCs seems excessive. Our best spell was seemingly with two DMCs and Niasse up top rather than DCL.

BUT - all those bemoaning the negative approach - Bolasie for Gueye seems a pretty attacking move....and hey presto, we conceded again.

Not going to sit here and say Allardyce got it right or that we deserved more. He didn’t and we didn’t.
But I think this serves as a colossal reminder of just how broken our squad is - with a horribly weak defence and almost completely toothless attack. The lack of attack only serves to increase the constant pressure at the back. The options we have are to set up attacking and accept we’re going to conced goals, or to set up very defensively to protect the leaky back four and accept that we’re not going to score goals.

We can expect little better until reeenforcements arrive.

Much as it’s ugly and disappointing, I think Allardyce is making the calls he is making out of necessity and risk factors. We have more chance of winning points by being defensive than we do by being attacking...at the moment.

Those bemoaning the lack of Lookman/Vlasic. Successive managers have now not seen fit to trust either of them in the starting 11 or squad in general. You can read what you like into that, but I’d suspect there is more going on than meets the eye....

No need for fatso to show what he's made of. Rest assured its brown and it stinks
He must have know what was expected, he surly couldn't have believed this way of playing is exceptable for the rest of the season. It's a hard one as we would be in a terrible mess if Koeman was still here, we are getting to a decent safe position but the football is rubbish. I'm not really sure of the answer other than getting around 5 quality players in.

The mad thing is that he would never have sent Palace or even Sland out like that; if you are going to go negative then you have to have the pace to counter quickly. We had three crabs, someone played miles out of position and a 20 year old who if he could do that by himself would be at the Bernabeu by now.

Imagine setting up that negatively against Bournemouth LOL If Koeman had done that we'd be frothing at the mouth, think it just shows his limitations as a manager, he's managed to make our attack look even worse than earlier in the season.

I mean I'm not surprised in the slightest but if anyone expects anything other than underwhelming mid table dullness then they're deluding themselves.

Please add DCL to that list.
He's young and has potential. If they've got youth on their side then they'll learn from bad performances. Nobody starts out the finished article. The ones I've listed should be leading the team, pushing us on by putting in performances when we need them to. They're experienced pros but they pussied out of tackles, jogged back when they should be busting a gut, headed and passed the ball straight to the other team. None of them take a grip of the game they're all looking round waiting for someone to sort them out. It's a disgrace that guys like pickford, dcl, kenny and an over the hill Rooney have actually been our best players this season. It's a piss poor reflection on the rest of the squad and shows what they're made of and why we've achieved nothing with the likes of jagielka ET Al at the helm. I'm looking forward to seeing the backs of this lot TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back