Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst bit for me about the result is Bournemouth are utter pish defensively. In 95 minutes we created a gana goal, a half chance for sigi and a shot from outside the box from Rooney. The problem we have is as soon as we have to press on and have a go at teams we are so frail at the back teams do through us like a knife through butter.

We looked OK first half, we created nothing but it would have been 0-0 had McCarthy not had a monumental brain fart. Second half we went for it, that was an attacking team, two wingers, rooney dropped to mid and sigi in a cam role. Bournemouth had enough chances second half for it to be 5 or 6. The players we have in the defensive unit just aren't up to the job. Out of the 8 defensive players we started with I'd say only Pickford and to an extent gana had a decent game. Schneiderlin, jags, Keane, martina, Kenny were all poor. Kenny is young and learning and it's bound to happen but the others need to be doing more. We have to go into games being gimped going forward because we are so utterly shyte at the back which is what we've seen now under 4 different managers.

This is what a few people on here need to realise.

We are not good enough to take the game to the opposition, regardless of their league position.

Our attacking options are the worst in the premier league, Niasse, DCL, or Sandro, non of these would be first choice to lead the attack in any other Premier league team.

Why not have a bet on us being relegated? I'm sure you'll get good odds and it will provide some succour when the inevitable happens.
Miserable barsteward that I am, I couldn't envisage ever doing that.
I've gritted my teeth this season and have to admit it's finally getting to me.
Still, new year beckons and we all live in hope. Happy New Year to all.

This is what im disappointed in. When we went behind last 5 mins they all started flying around.

I think it’s a psychological complex of going through the motions thinking “yeah we’ll be fine..” then a reaction when we’re threatened with losing. Hence the upping of the tempo in the last 5 minutes.

You just can’t do that and expect any different than what we are getting.

I think it’s a psychological complex of going through the motions thinking “yeah we’ll be fine..” then a reaction when we’re threatened with losing. Hence the upping of the tempo in the last 5 minutes.

You just can’t do that and expect any different than what we are getting.

Ya we have being doing that for last 3 years though. Watching jags reaction is priceless. Turns his back on a shot in case he gets hurt and then runs around like he is 20 years old straight after the goal. Sad.

Just didnt fancy going down there today after going to West Brom and thanks to the alcohol it numbed that ...sooo sold the tickets for today to a guy...who has just texted me saying" I want my money back mate you have stitched me up" :D

Fast forward a few months and I'd like to see Moshiri taking full control, progress on the stadium and a new manager in place, I suspect we'll still be in limbo with the club ownership and Steve Walsh will still be dictating player recruitment so I won't get too carried away.
That's exactly what I want and exactly what will happen.

@ToffeeTim It took us precisely 50 minutes to get from our seats in the stadium stadium back to West Lulworth just outside Weymouth. We left on around 75 minutes as my nephew's fiancé was unwell. She suffers with a chronic condition called CFS. As I made that post we were just driving past Lulworth Camp.

This is what a few people on here need to realise.

We are not good enough to take the game to the opposition, regardless of their league position.

Our attacking options are the worst in the premier league, Niasse, DCL, or Sandro, non of these would be first choice to lead the attack in any other Premier league team.

We have some utter rubbish players alright. Need a big cull. Dlc is a championship player. Not his fault today though. No support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back