Boxing

Watched Usyk train in the local gym,he looks sharp. See him getting at least a unanimously points decision.
Such a hard fight to pick. I feel that whatever happens will feel like the most predictable outcome once it’s done…but really have no idea how to call it.

My head says fury will just be too strong and manage to turn it into a slog that will see him over the line…but there’s a part of me that thinks Usyk will just make fury work non stop…tire him out and go to town on him in the later rounds…I do wonder how much whether those slug fests against wilder, his well documented weight issues and recent inactivity will finally catch up with fury against an elite boxer…he’s just so bloody massive though…

In summary. I don’t have a clue 😬

I would probably sway towards Fury winning if there is to be a winner but I’ve backed the draw at 14/1. Amazing value when it’s this tough to call.

Such a hard fight to pick. I feel that whatever happens will feel like the most predictable outcome once it’s done…but really have no idea how to call it.

My head says fury will just be too strong and manage to turn it into a slog that will see him over the line…but there’s a part of me that thinks Usyk will just make fury work non stop…tire him out and go to town on him in the later rounds…I do wonder how much whether those slug fests against wilder, his well documented weight issues and recent inactivity will finally catch up with fury against an elite boxer…he’s just so bloody massive though…

In summary. I don’t have a clue 😬
I think from the most recent photos of Fury he's lost weight which might be a bad move. I think he could beat Usyk by tying him up and leaning his weight on him to slow him down. Hopefully the fact he can take a punch and get up to win will go in his favour. Usyk couldn't put Joshua away and he's really chinny.

I think from the most recent photos of Fury he's lost weight which might be a bad move. I think he could beat Usyk by tying him up and leaning his weight on him to slow him down. Hopefully the fact he can take a punch and get up to win will go in his favour. Usyk couldn't put Joshua away and he's really chinny.
Joshua isn't chinny. This seems to be a popular myth. He's been dropped by a chin shot once.

Think Tyson will need to be in shape, I reckon it will go deep into later rounds and Fury is going to need to box him (which I think he is more than capable of).
His long time conditioning coach is based in Ormskirk btw, I have a tenuous link to him and I’m hearing Fury’s in the best shape of his life 🤷🏻‍♂️

Went through Wiki looking at all the current Boxing champs the other night and I feel like Boxing really needs to do a far better job of promoting the sport. Literally haven't heard of tons of them, meanwhile I recognise every single champ in UFC even though I pay less attention to MMA than I do Boxing.

There's so bloody many of them as well. It's ridiculous.
That's the alphabet belts in action......

What about Lomachenko dominating Kambosos on the weekend? For me, up to the stoppage Loma won every round.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back