Boxing

I enjoy your takes on boxing and this another one that fits into that , I agree with almost everything you’ve written .

Other than being totally convinced on the pressure to take the fight side , fury I think for a host of reasons he dances to his own tune , both good and bad .
Thanks, although I’ve missed loads of boxing lately, haven’t got a clue what’s going on or whose fighting who.

Fury defo dances to his own tune but he can talk about how he doesn’t care about peoples opinions of him but it really does. It really affects him more than he lets on. He’s shown how vulnerable he is when he gets criticised, it drives him crazy.

Fury performs at his best when he’s got something to prove, he performs at his best when people doubt him and typically puts on his best displays when he knows people are doubting him.

If Fury wins he'll deserve some credit, because Usyk is class, and it'll put to bed some of the questions over his actual quality.

Hope Usyk has him chasing shadows all night though, and exposes him as a total fraud.

I had a lot of goodwill for Fury after his comeback and his mental health advocacy, but his utter gobshitery, his simian shagspot of a father, and his brother's YouTube fight bollox have made want nothing more than to see the whole family humbled.

Fury has got loads of credit in the sport of boxing. He’s classed as an all time great and one of the best to do it for some reason.

If Fury doesn’t get credit once he beats him, it’s his own fault because the way he’s described Usyk over the years. If he beats Usyk then he’s only beat a blown up middleweight in his own words.

Fury has got loads of credit in the sport of boxing. He’s classed as an all time great and one of the best to do it for some reason.

If Fury doesn’t get credit once he beats him, it’s his own fault because the way he’s described Usyk over the years. If he beats Usyk then he’s only beat a blown up middleweight in his own words.
Fury has got loads of credit, but there are a lot of doubters, myself included, that he's as good as his dickriders claim.

I really, really rate Usyk and have done for a long time, so perhaps I'm just talking about my own feelings really.

I can't call this fight at all, although I'm leaning towards Fury just because he's massive and awkward for anyone.

I think they're both passed their best and if they was both in their prime I'd side with Fury.

Unlike Joshua, Fury can think on his feet and adapt. Fury will also know how to utilise his size against Usyk unlike Joshua. The ref could play a big part in it depending on what he lets Fury get away with. Or we could get a Joe Cortez who allowed Hatton to do absolutely nothing v Mayweather.

I hope Fury does it.

Fury has got loads of credit, but there are a lot of doubters, myself included, that he's as good as his dickriders claim.

I really, really rate Usyk and have done for a long time, so perhaps I'm just talking about my own feelings really.

I can't call this fight at all, although I'm leaning towards Fury just because he's massive and awkward for anyone.
I'm similar but lean towards Usyk.

For all the talk of Fury being brilliant he's record looks better on paper than it is. It's arguable that he's never shared a ring with genuine elite level class - lot's of top level 'gatekeeper' perennial challenger types which is no disgrace. You do need real quality to beat the likes of Whyte, Chisora and Wilder but they aren't names that are gonna ring through the ages. And there are a lot of nothing fights in that record in an age where promoters work harder to dodge fights than make them.

Usyk is that genuine elite level where the only question mark is size at Heavyweight. He's more than good enough to work a way around a lot of disadvantages with size and awkwardness and Fury for all his talent has looked very poor several times throughout his career. His weight cut is as big a question mark as Usyks size disadvantage.

Still a lot of noise around the Dubois but it was legitimately a low blow. I'd personally look harder at Fury being so poor against Ngannou and in terms of getting the rub of the green that slow count in his first Wilder fight.

For all the talk of Fury being brilliant he's record looks better on paper than it is. It's arguable that he's never shared a ring with genuine elite level class - lot's of top level 'gatekeeper' perennial challenger types which is no disgrace. You do need real quality to beat the likes of Whyte, Chisora and Wilder but they aren't names that are gonna ring through the ages. And there are a lot of nothing fights in that record in an age where promoters work harder to dodge fights than make them.

Usyk is that genuine elite level where the only question mark is size at Heavyweight. He's more than good enough to work a way around a lot of disadvantages with size and awkwardness and Fury for all his talent has looked very poor several times throughout his career. His weight cut is as big a question mark as Usyks size disadvantage.

Still a lot of noise around the Dubois but it was legitimately a low blow. I'd personally look harder at Fury being so poor against Ngannou and in terms of getting the rub of the green that slow count in his first Wilder fight.
I'm not sure too much can be read into the Ngannou fight, Fury was clearly out of shape and didn't take it remotely seriously, and was almost seriously embarrassed, rather than just a bit.

I do wonder whether the amount of weight Fury has cut so quickly might be a factor, but he looked similar against Klitschko.

Agree about him having not really fought anyone decent though.

His win over Klitschko for me is his only stand out win. It was his career best performance and career best win imo. Klitschko for me, was and is a top 10 heavyweight in any era but unfortunately his reign was during a bad heavyweight division period. Obviously the fights against Wilder was what a heavyweight fight is supposed to be but Wilder is the most overrated boxer in a long time. Fury is a very good heavyweight, but an all time great? Not for me.

Usyk was an elite cruiserweight but up at heavy he is far from the fighter he was. People will say his performances against Joshua but although he won them both they weren’t as one sided as made out. He hasn’t looked the fighter he was down at cruiser, he’s much slower and sluggish. The fact he’d come in weighing 223 pounds and not the 233 pounds that was said, suggests to me his gonna be trying to jab and move, be in and out of range as much as possible. The fact Fury physically looks in great shape, coming in at a weight that’s his lowest in a long time and still over 3 stone heavier, is a big telling point of Usyk game plan tonight.

Also, that Dubois knock down was legit and Usyk was really hurt there. Very similar shot to what Beterbiev hit him with in the amateurs. Also Joshua hit him with a body shot in the rematch that really hurt him.

First undisputed heavyweight fight in 25 years, whoever the winner is, will only be undisputed for two weeks cos either one have gotta drop the IBF belt. Looking like it will be Hrgovic vs Dubois for that with Joshua getting the winner.

His win over Klitschko for me is his only stand out win. It was his career best performance and career best win imo. Klitschko for me, was and is a top 10 heavyweight in any era but unfortunately his reign was during a bad heavyweight division period. Obviously the fights against Wilder was what a heavyweight fight is supposed to be but Wilder is the most overrated boxer in a long time. Fury is a very good heavyweight, but an all time great? Not for me.

Usyk was an elite cruiserweight but up at heavy he is far from the fighter he was. People will say his performances against Joshua but although he won them both they weren’t as one sided as made out. He hasn’t looked the fighter he was down at cruiser, he’s much slower and sluggish. The fact he’d come in weighing 223 pounds and not the 233 pounds that was said, suggests to me his gonna be trying to jab and move, be in and out of range as much as possible. The fact Fury physically looks in great shape, coming in at a weight that’s his lowest in a long time and still over 3 stone heavier, is a big telling point of Usyk game plan tonight.

Also, that Dubois knock down was legit and Usyk was really hurt there. Very similar shot to what Beterbiev hit him with in the amateurs. Also Joshua hit him with a body shot in the rematch that really hurt him.

First undisputed heavyweight fight in 25 years, whoever the winner is, will only be undisputed for two weeks cos either one have gotta drop the IBF belt. Looking like it will be Hrgovic vs Dubois for that with Joshua getting the winner.
It was a low blow with plenty of glove contacting below the navel. Low blows aren't about getting punched in the [Poor language removed].

That aside there's nothing there I could confidently disagree with ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back