Boxing

I'm not sure too much can be read into the Ngannou fight, Fury was clearly out of shape and didn't take it remotely seriously, and was almost seriously embarrassed, rather than just a bit.

I do wonder whether the amount of weight Fury has cut so quickly might be a factor, but he looked similar against Klitschko.

Agree about him having not really fought anyone decent though.
This post basically nails my opinion .

I said it the other day fury is almost the antithesis of Joshua , he was criminally underrated and then went to be considered better than Lewis . Joshua took directly the opposite journey .

I think other than when contractually obliged or fighting for a title his record looks bang average , whatever your opinion Joshua fought pretty much everyone and yeah I think wilder ducked him and the more you listen to those around wilder he only made the fury fight because he thought he was a mess . That doesn’t mean fury isn’t a talent I think he is . I also wasnt sure usyk would manage the step up but then quite impressed and I’ve seen him live a couple of times enjoyed it . I think it makes it an interesting fight .

I think fury probably has too much but the weight loss concerns me and frankly we just don’t know what we get with , we don’t know where he is . It’s been a while since I’ve looked forward to a fight like this whatever way it goes .

Usyk is fast and accurate, if he can stun fury, he'll pounce on him and throw a finish in in no time. Can fury keep him far enough away and 'make him pay for the real estate' (the distance from outside to inside) then cover up and tire him. Will it be a game of chess, or a crash bang wallop job.

Hope this lives up to the hype,
Bit strange watching a fight when you like both of them, I like to side with one or the other.
Going with Fury if he is in any way in form, just see him being to much for usyk, he isn't your normal giant heavyweight in being a come forward bruiser, he can box slip a punch and isn't slow.
Think it will be a good fight till tyson finally catches up with him.
If usyk get's to the finish it could make an interesting score card, better not be a draw.

Usyk is fast and accurate, if he can stun fury, he'll pounce on him and throw a finish in in no time. Can fury keep him far enough away and 'make him pay for the real estate' (the distance from outside to inside) then cover up and tire him. Will it be a game of chess, or a crash bang wallop job.
This is what I hope, expect and have backed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back