Boxing

Two good fighters one is massive one isnt so am gonna back the massive one

But would love usyk to pull it off
it’s been a while since I’ve looked forward to a fight this much .

Like others I half think a bigger fury would be better suited but on his day with his head right he’s a top heavyweight, however usyk feels criminally underrated.

Compelling fight

it’s been a while since I’ve looked forward to a fight this much .

Like others I half think a bigger fury would be better suited but on his day with his head right he’s a top heavyweight, however usyk feels criminally underrated.

Compelling fight
You think Usyk is underrated? IMO, he’s overrated at heavyweight. Technically brilliant but isn’t big enough, powerful enough or strong enough to perform at his best. Hopefully he destroys fury on Saturday but think Fury wins pretty comfortably.

You think Usyk is underrated? IMO, he’s overrated at heavyweight. Technically brilliant but isn’t big enough, powerful enough or strong enough to perform at his best. Hopefully he destroys fury on Saturday but think Fury wins pretty comfortably.
Yeah I think he’s turned into a decent heavyweight . I worry he lacks the physicality to challenge fury but I’ve seen him readily dismissed and I think he’s better than that .

I did read what I felt was a good take which was if fury and his camp have made the fight they definitely don’t rate him though .

Yeah I think he’s turned into a decent heavyweight . I worry he lacks the physicality to challenge fury but I’ve seen him readily dismissed and I think he’s better than that .

I did read what I felt was a good take which was if fury and his camp have made the fight they definitely don’t rate him though .

I’ve seen his whole career and watched a lot of his amateur fights but still not convinced by him up at heavyweight. The extra weight doesn’t help him at all. It makes him more sluggish and not as fast on his feet. His output of punches are still there but his movement and footwork was always the key. The only chance I see him having is by getting in and out of range to let his jab go and an overhand left. Fury’s hands are too fast for Usyk to move from due to the extra weight.

The public pressure to make the Usyk fight played a major part in Fury taking the fight. Fury won’t take him lightly but he defo doesn’t see a way he causes him problems. Think Fury took a lot from the Dubois fight and knows he can hurt him. Gonna be interesting to see how both deal with each other but think Fury stops him late.

Every fibre of my being wants Fury sparked out, and the Ngannou fight has everyone believing he’s a shadow of himself, but my rational mind knows that he’ll beat Usyk with relative ease.

Usyk was kryptonite to Joshua the same way Zheng was to Joyce, but against a more mobile opponent in Fury, Usyk will struggle.

Fury has been put down by a Cruiserweight in his time though, so I live in hope.

I’ve seen his whole career and watched a lot of his amateur fights but still not convinced by him up at heavyweight. The extra weight doesn’t help him at all. It makes him more sluggish and not as fast on his feet. His output of punches are still there but his movement and footwork was always the key. The only chance I see him having is by getting in and out of range to let his jab go and an overhand left. Fury’s hands are too fast for Usyk to move from due to the extra weight.

The public pressure to make the Usyk fight played a major part in Fury taking the fight. Fury won’t take him lightly but he defo doesn’t see a way he causes him problems. Think Fury took a lot from the Dubois fight and knows he can hurt him. Gonna be interesting to see how both deal with each other but think Fury stops him late.
I enjoy your takes on boxing and this another one that fits into that , I agree with almost everything you’ve written .

Other than being totally convinced on the pressure to take the fight side , fury I think for a host of reasons he dances to his own tune , both good and bad .

If Fury wins he'll deserve some credit, because Usyk is class, and it'll put to bed some of the questions over his actual quality.

Hope Usyk has him chasing shadows all night though, and exposes him as a total fraud.

I had a lot of goodwill for Fury after his comeback and his mental health advocacy, but his utter gobshitery, his simian shagspot of a father, and his brother's YouTube fight bollox have made want nothing more than to see the whole family humbled.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back