Boxing

Wow that young heavyweight Moses Itauma can bang….first time I’ve seen him

Been reading about him. Nigerian father, Slovakian mother. Came to the UK as a toddler, sparred with Joshua as a grade 11 schoolkid ... albeit one who was 6'4" at 15

Aiming to beat Mike Tyson's record as the youngest heavyweight champion ever

Been reading about him. Nigerian father, Slovakian mother. Came to the UK as a toddler, sparred with Joshua as a grade 11 schoolkid ... albeit one who was 6'4" at 15

Aiming to beat Mike Tyson's record as the youngest heavyweight champion ever
Yeah…as I say first I’ve heard of him today, as I’m not an avid boxing fan, but from the comments on TV I got similar vibes to the rumours about Wayne Rooney when was coming through….a prodigious young talent who everyone in the game knew about….they were even talking about potential opponents like J Parker in next twelve months and as you say, possibly youngest ever world heavyweight champion….be certainly interesting to see how the next couple of years plays out for him

Wow that young heavyweight Moses Itauma can bang….first time I’ve seen him

I've seen bits about him since he was an amateur. He won the European and world youths and never lost a fight as an amateur. I'm sure he won every fight by KO in one of the two as well. He's a brilliant talent. Doubt he beats Tyson's record though, that record is so difficult to beat.

I've seen bits about him since he was an amateur. He won the European and world youths and never lost a fight as an amateur. I'm sure he won every fight by KO in one of the two as well. He's a brilliant talent. Doubt he beats Tyson's record though, that record is so difficult to beat.
Agree…incredibly difficult record to beat that…not sure what the fight schedule is for someone like Moses given he’s not getting a lot of ring experience at present, but I remember back in the eighties, I’m sure Tyson was fighting every three to four weeks

Agree…incredibly difficult record to beat that…not sure what the fight schedule is for someone like Moses given he’s not getting a lot of ring experience at present, but I remember back in the eighties, I’m sure Tyson was fighting every three to four weeks

I think he's fought about 9 times in a year or so but no chance he gets anywhere near a shot within a year.

Probably would need 3-4 really big wins to get close to a shot and then you'd need a champion to be available.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back