Bradley is your mascot on sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost speechless at Everton.

As an SAFC fan its heart warming to know that in the much lambasted world of the money driven premier league that there is still room for come sort of compassion.

We know that unfortunately Bradley may not be with us much longer but whatever happens i just wonder if a Bradley Lowery cup, each time we play each other, might be an idea. Irrespective the little lad is a beacon of bravery.

What is undeniable is that Everton have shown class, as you would want from one of England's oldest and traditional clubs.

This wont be forgotten on Wearside or in the North East of England.

What a fantastic idea....any Mods got a line into Mr Kenwrights office to run MBH's cup idea by him.

Well, several things overwhelm me from reading this. Firstly, the sheer bravery and determination from young Bradley himself....so young yet seemingly so grown up. Secondly, the heartbreak that his family must be going through. Thirdly, the ability of football to bring people together in times of real need. And latterly, but by no means least, the inspirational and genuine work behind the scenes by the much-maligned Bill Kenwright to try and get Bradley as much help as possible and still see that football puts a sparkle in the little fellas eye....an absolute gentleman Bill irrespective of any differences a section of our fan base may have.

Let's give Bradley the loudest Goodison welcome possible on Sunday- will ask my City mates to put something on their forums to spread the word so the City fans can join in.

Almost speechless at Everton.

As an SAFC fan its heart warming to know that in the much lambasted world of the money driven premier league that there is still room for come sort of compassion.

We know that unfortunately Bradley may not be with us much longer but whatever happens i just wonder if a Bradley Lowery cup, each time we play each other, might be an idea. Irrespective the little lad is a beacon of bravery.

What is undeniable is that Everton have shown class, as you would want from one of England's oldest and traditional clubs.

This wont be forgotten on Wearside or in the North East of England.
We always have a 'home testimonial' usually last home game of the pre- season. Why not make this the annual fixture between Everton and Sunderland for the 'Bradley Lowery Cup'? We could alternate this with a 'return' at Sunderland the following pre-season with all monies raised going to cancer charities. Not only would this be welcomed by the charities for the money it would raise, it would also serve as ideal preparation for the start of the season the following week, instead of paying to fly in some foreign opposition. I think this would an ideal way to 'cement' the relationship built up between the two clubs and what better way then remembering the lads bravery.

We always have a 'home testimonial' usually last home game of the pre- season. Why not make this annual fixture between Everton and Sunderland for the 'Bradley Lowery Cup'? We could alternate this with a 'return' at Sunderland the following pre-season with all monies raised going to cancer charities. Not only would this be welcomed by the charities for the money it would raise, it would also serve as ideal preparation for the start of the season the following week, instead of paying to fly in some foreign opposition. I think this would an ideal way to 'cement' the relationship built up between the two clubs and what better way then remembering the lads bravery.
Post that on twitter and tag the club in. Tag Bill in too. ;)

Post that on twitter and tag the club in. Tag Bill in too. ;)
Sorry mate behind the times me. Don't do twitter, Facebook etc. Just thought it would be a great idea for such a worthwhile cause. Seeing the reception he'll receive on Sunday, will hopefully raise more awareness for this terrible disease and his plight and like I suggested it could lead to a 'continued friendship' between the two clubs and its supporters in the future, for a great cause.

Sorry mate behind the times me. Don't do twitter, Facebook etc. Just thought it would be a great idea for such a worthwhile cause. Seeing the reception he'll receive on Sunday, will hopefully raise more awareness for this terrible disease and his plight and like I suggested it could lead to a 'continued friendship' between the two clubs and its supporters in the future, for a great cause.
@MoutsGoat does twits. Maybe he could help here...

A truly inspirational young chap.

Illness will ever defeat love and kindness, this is what binds us together through good times and bad.

I am once again so proud of my club at times like this. Everton do these sort of things not for attention or that it looks good.

They do it because the club is made up of very many fundamentally decent and caring people, and this fine legacy as a community and family club keeps shining through time and time again.

Well done to Bill, I am very critical of many aspects of his chairmanship but football aside he has shown a part of his character here which is very clearly and genuinely full of compassion and kindness. Qualities which I am proud to say are not in short supply at Everton.

Enjoy the match Bradley. Keep fighting.
Solidarity and love to your family and friends, to keep fighting with you and for you.

Well done Bill.
Well done Everton.
Well done Sunderland.

Well in Bill and the club. Such a brave wee lad, I hope he has an amazing day at Goodison.

Think it would be great if he came out in his Sunderland strip with an Everton scarf, a nice way to highlight two clubs coming together to support a family enduring a truly horrific time.

We always have a 'home testimonial' usually last home game of the pre- season. Why not make this the annual fixture between Everton and Sunderland for the 'Bradley Lowery Cup'? We could alternate this with a 'return' at Sunderland the following pre-season with all monies raised going to cancer charities. Not only would this be welcomed by the charities for the money it would raise, it would also serve as ideal preparation for the start of the season the following week, instead of paying to fly in some foreign opposition. I think this would an ideal way to 'cement' the relationship built up between the two clubs and what better way then remembering the lads bravery.
Very, very good idea this.

What a fantastic idea....any Mods got a line into Mr Kenwrights office to run MBH's cup idea by him.

Hi.
It's something that was out to me a few weeks ago and I already plan to approach SAFC about.
Bradley's Mam thinks I may be joining them in their box on Sunday. If so I will do my upmost to have a quiet word with someone about it, hopefully Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back